aWeber / aMember Integration Problem - aWeber Sign Up Form vs Customer Membership completion

Discussion in 'Customization & add-ons' started by janea, Sep 15, 2013.

1. janea

janea aMember Pro Customer

Hi, I have a form I put on the home page (www.dramanotebook.com) that captures a persons name and email address and then sends them a free lesson plan. That is obviously captured by aWeber as I created the form from aWeber's "Sign Up Forms" tool.

I have added the aWeber plugin to aMember, setup the integration with the API key from aWeber. I can see the new "list" in aMembers Newsletters (aMember CP > Protect Content > Newsletters. I setup a test list from aWeber with a signup form and, even though people were signing up for the free lesson plan, I did not see that translate into records in "newsletters" showing my list from aWeber.

Here is where I get confused or not sure I am setting things up correctly...
    Is this not showing in Newsletters section because the "Newsletter" section only captures customer signups on aMember and not that aWeber signup form?

This is what I am looking to accomplish: When a new member subscribes to our site I would like to have the aWeber list that is capturing emails from the home page signup form updated to drop the record with the same email address that signed up to our site. Is this possible? If so, what am I missing?

Thanks for any help!

Warmly,
    ___
    Jim Leeth
    Dramanotebook Webmaster
    e: webmaster@dramanotebook.com
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

Have they received the confirmed email- and opted in?

aWeber in front of amember- amember newsletters wont show people on an aweber list who havent come via the amember in front signup process.

David
  3. janea

Thanks David. Still learning here. Sorry for my delayed response.

Yes. I have tested it myself with an email I have and then had that email sign up to our site. Still not showing up.

So if I am understanding this correctly the Newsletters section will not show the members in aWeber that sign up for the home page free lesson because it is not an actual sign up for membership, correct? It is just a sign up for the email list of aWeber which then provides the free lesson to the requester.

How would you recommend or go about having aWeber remove records from aWeber that have same email that signs up to aMember (after they had requested the free lesson of course)?

Warmly,
    ___
    Jim Leeth
    Dramanotebook Webmaster
    e: webmaster@dramanotebook.com
  4. janea

Hi, Just checking in to see if anyone had any ideas about my dilemma?

I did have a second thought. But I need to check with aWeber I suppose. Have two lists, the one with members who get the free lesson plan, prior to any signup process, and then another list with members who signed up or are already members. Then try to come up with a marketing list in aWeber where the emails in list A (the free lesson list) should be emailed but ONLY if they are not found in list B...

I probably can produce an excel sheet and then manually cancel them out, but there should be some automated way to handle this scenario I would think.

Jim L
  5. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner