AutoLoginPlaceholder - how to use it, what is it?

Discussion in 'Customization & add-ons' started by dale_sellers, Oct 24, 2014.

1. dale_s

dale_s aMember Pro Customer

I saw in the new version of aMember (4.4.4), there is a new plugin:

"AutoLoginPlaceholder - ability to include special placeholder in email message, which will be replaced to auto-login link"

Can this send all links from emails with the ability to login when accessing member area or protected content (without having to go through a manual login)?

How to you set up this functionality? I searched around (plugins, email templates, etc) and haven't found anything yet.

Will it work for WordPress protected pages also?

Thanks for any insights.
  2. laurent_breyton

laurent_breyton aMember Pro Customer

3. dale_s

Here's what I was told in a support ticket:

Plugin enables special placeholder which could be used in amember email templates:

%autologinlink%

This placeholder will be replaced with special unique link that will auto-login user into protected area:
    /amember/l/?token=343803cy7843nxyf44bf489

You also can redirect user to any url after login using this placeholder.
    For example this will work:

%autologinlink%&amember_redirect_url=/anyurl/

In email message this will be replaced to:
    /amember/l/?token=343803cy7843nxyf44bf489&amember_redirect_url=/anyurl/

When user click to above link, plugin will logs user in and then redirect to /anyurl/
    This will work for wordpress protected pages too.
  4. laurent_breyton

Great! Thanks. How to set up ?
  5. dale_s

I haven't got around to testing it yet, but I assume it's already set up in the current version of aMember. When you create an email in aMember, just follow the directions in the previous post. I'll test it soon or, let me know how your test works out.
  6. laurent_breyton

Didn't find neither the plugin to install nor the corresponding Placeholder.
    Nevertheless I have tried to send an e-mail with the Placeholder, to no avail....
  7. dale_s

I sent another ticket request to get clarification, and will post back when I get a response.

I'm really really really hoping this can be used for all emails sent from aMember. Especially for members on frequent autoreponders receiving incremental protected content, it would be great for them not to keep having to login every time they come to back site.

I believe this would be a huge step at retaining subscribers (instead of pissing them off because they get sick of always having to log in).

Let's face it, nobody really likes to keep doing "forgot password" requests. I say Make It Easy For Them!
  8. dale_s

You have to request plugin from aMember support. It is a paid plugin.

I got it, installed it, set it up, and it works great.
  9. rance

rance aMember Pro Customer

I am trying to use this function to redirect to a signup form with a special offer.
    the link I am using is:
    %autologinlink%&amember_redirect_url=https://member.madisontradinghouse.com/auth/signup/join10/
    I am getting a 404 page not found error.
    I tested without the redirect and it works fine. I also tested the redirect link just to make sure it is the correct URL and that works as well.
    Yes, I have to plugin installed and active.

Any ideas why this is not working.