Auto create user Paypal/Amember

Discussion in 'Payments processing' started by pixeldust, May 31, 2012.

1. pixeldust

pixeldust Member

I got some problems with paypal and amember.

When a user clicks the download button from my website they will be redirect to paypal.

After they have paid the will be redirected to the amember login page.

But amember does not auto create login credentials?

Can you help me with this?
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

You misunderstand how amember works.
    They need to go to the amember signup page 1st -> then paypal to pay -> then back to the amembr thanks page.

You can skip the amember signup page if you have configured amember/paypal slightly differently, and in that case amember creates a user record- but they are still brought back to the amember thanks page not a signup page- as they have automatically been signed up via the amember/paypal integration.

David
  3. chrome62

chrome62 Member

David: Using the button method where your create a Pay Pal button that sends the user to payment FIRST and once payment is completed, the user account and password is auto generated, can it then auto log the user into the member area? I have successfully added a pay now button and it does everything except auto login.

The button generator on pay pal has a field for returning the customer back to the seller site, but that's not a very elegant solution. I was hoping auto login was possible. Any advice?
  4. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

This is a very old thread. Please check my reply in other ticket.
    You can auto-login customer after payment only when you use aMember signup form in front of paypal.