Authorize.net

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by smpdawg, Dec 7, 2006.

1. smpdawg

smpdawg New Member

I apologize if this has been answered before.

Does amember pro supports recurring billing using Authorize.net?

Do you have to turn on their recurring option or does amember pro do it automatically?

I already have my authorize.net account but I need a subscription system that will bill customers every month without my customers having to do anything.

Thank you
  2. tony121

tony121 New Member

First, you should really search the Forum for similar questions prior to posting yours.

But to answer your question; aMem supports reccuring billing w/ Auth.net AIM (this is if you have a Merchant Account and can accept CCs). aMem will bill your customers monthly, you don't need to use Auth.net's recurring features. It sounds like aMem would be perfect for you if those are your only concerns.
  3. smpdawg

smpdawg New Member

I had done a quick search and didn't spot the part that I was wondering which was whether or not I needed to also subscribe to the recurring function of authorize.net.

I went ahead and bought aMember Pro and installed it on my server but I am sure that along the way I may have questions. I am thankful that they have forums and that there are people that are willing to answer questions without saying RTFM. So what I am saying is thanks for answering my question directly and reminding me to do a more extensive search.

John
  4. digit1001

digit1001 New Member

So does this mean if you use Authorize.net with the SIM setup, and have their server handle the processing and SSL certificate, you CAN NOT do recurring billing?

I see that the product I have setup has recurring set to "no" but I don't see an option to change it.

Thanks,
    D.
  5. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

You cannot process recurring billing with SIM.
    You can process recurring billing with AIM. Just enable "authorize_aim" payment plugin at aMember CP -> Setup -> Plugins instead.
  6. marketflavor

marketflavor New Member

Doesn't SIM mean that credit card numbers are then stored on your own server? Is there a way to do this where you do SIM, and do 1 transaction, and then go into Authorize.net and adjust for recurring billing manually?
  7. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

No.
    SIM means that credit card info is even asked on Authorize.Net side
    AIM stores credit card info on your server when necessary.
  8. dan_kelly

dan_kelly New Member

...and you DO NOT need Authorize.net's "Automated Recurring Billing".

DO use a "dedicated server" as your host... as opposed to ANY shared server.

To OUR Success,
    Dan Kelly
    AskDanKelly.com
    MiniSiteSecretsRevealed.com
  9. rmeder

rmeder New Member

Can we use Authorize.net's "Automated Recurring Billing" with aMember?

Wouldn't this allow us to store the CC info on the Authorize.net's servers?