Authorize.net vs Stripe?

Discussion in 'Payments processing' started by regis, Jul 30, 2015.

1. regis

regis aMember Pro Customer

We currently use Authorize.net and it works just the way we want.

Unfortunately our bank where we had it setup charges us outrageous fees, we loose 1000's of dollars per year using this setup and I know we can save 1000's using a different processor.

I've used Stripe at other companies and I really like their interface - but I want to know if it works and is as stable as the Authorize.net add on for Amember?

Also, does it work just like Authorize.net and pass and store all client info on their side so we are PCI complaint?

Thanks!

Sean
  2. chrome62

chrome62 Member

Sean:

I used to use Authorize.net and quit using them for the exact same reason. Stripe is much better and easier to setup, took me less than a 1/2 hour from initial signup to going live. Data is entered on stripe form and nothing is stored on your server. Has a very good CT and completion rate. Hope that helps.
  3. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

Yes, Stripe works similar way as authorize.net CIM. aMember do not process, save or handle CC info in this case.
    User browser send CC info to stripe server directly (with stripe js) and aMember receive only token from Stripe that can be used to charge customer. It is most secure approach.