Authorize.net Recurring Billing Question

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by ffxrich, Aug 29, 2004.

1. ffxrich

ffxrich Guest

Hi, I looked all around the forum for the answer to my question, but couldn't find it.

I want to buy aMember, but I need to know:

I have an auth.net merchant account but recurring billing is NOT enabled because I don't want to pay those crazy fees.

If I get aMember, will it autobill and do recurring subscriptions through authorize.net WITHOUT the customer having to pay each month by clicking a link (will it work like a paypal subcription, and just automatically bill them) even though I don't have recurring enabled?
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Yes, it will bill customer each month automatically.

You don't need to signup for so-named "Automated recurring billing" on Auth.Net, because there is really no "automation" :) it is only for manual management, aMember works in other way.
  3. ffxrich

ffxrich Guest

ok, and aMember does this through cronjobs or something, correct, and it's all easy to set up , and the script does it itself right?

Now, say I Have 15 clients, each with a different billing date, all through Auth.net, and each of them are on a 30 day recurring billing cycle.

They all sign up on different days, 30 days go by on each one..

I'm correct to assume that they will each automatically be billed by the script on their correct day through authorize.net, with no intervention on my end --- and then they will what, receive a receipt through email that they've been billed?
  4. ffxrich

ffxrich Guest

Couple more questions:

1) I have a bunch of clients I'd like to add into it, however a lot of them don't have to pay for a month, two months, six months.. is there a way I can put them under a free trial now, each seperate lengths, and then send them a bill automatically/charge them when their trial is up.

2) is it possible to make some plans invisible to some clients? for example if i use the membership script for multipurpose recurring billing for certain items, and say i don't want some members to see the price, or even the option of other plans, can i make them invisible. i guess this would have to be done through user groups.. anyway is my idea already possible and included
  5. alex

Yes, it will work 100% automatically.
  6. alex

Yes, it is possible to specify current expiration date during import. Member will be automatically rebilled at expiration date, if you also import credit card info.
    If not, users will be able to renew subscription from aMember membership info page.
    Yes, there is a special price_group feature in product settings.