Authorize.net and mobile devices - any experience?

Discussion in 'Payments processing' started by dale_sellers, Nov 9, 2014.

1. dale_s

dale_s aMember Pro Customer

We have an authorize.net account and we are trying to decide between...
    1. Authorize.Net AIM Integration
    2. Authorize.Net CIM Integration

Our preference is the CIM Integration in aMember, because all cc info for reoccurring payments is stored on the authorize.net server.

Most of our site visitors are on mobile devices and having a form that works on mobiles (smart phones) is important. Before we go through the process of setting everything up, can anyone comment on the CIM Integration? Does the popup form work on a mobile device? Is it responsive?

Thanks for any insights.
  2. dale_s

dale_s aMember Pro Customer

Decided on the Authorize.Net CIM Integration. When I spoke with Authorize.Net, they claimed to have a mobile friendly payment popup.

When I tested it, I realized it's actually not mobile friendly. It doesn't fit mobile screen and it jumps around as information is being entered.

There are posts all over Authorize.Net forums about these issues, and they don't seem to be responding with a fix.

80% of our site visitors are on smart phones, and an order form that won't work on smart phoned means frustrated customers that leave site & a huge loss in sales.

If a customer wants to pay, but they can't make a payment on our site, this isn't good.

I may be missing something, but please be aware when using this option as a payment method.
  3. microlinx

microlinx aMember Pro Customer

Seeing the same loss in conversions with Authorize.net. Mobile phones have made a mess of the whole digital landscape.
  4. chrome62

chrome62 Member

As each day goes by, we are seeing more and more mobile devices and less desktop. This is equating to MUCH lower conversion rates. In fact, we barely make a sale per day now using aMember.

I'm not aware of any methods aMember may use to improve conversions, like quick buy buttons for mobile, but I'm now searching for a better membership solution that's "with the times."