Authorize.net Account Updater

Discussion in 'Payments processing' started by simonsays, Aug 15, 2017.

1. simonsays

simonsays aMember Pro Customer

Authorize.net is now offering an automatic credit card account updater for Visa and Mastercard. We want to use this to prevent credit cards expiring and from customers having to manually update their credit card information.

We are currently using Authorize.net and CIM for our recurring payments created through aMember.

If we use the Authorize.ent service, will this have any negative impact with aMember? And will our recurring payments continue without issues?

Additional info:

What is Account Updater?
    Account Updater automatically checks for and updates account numbers and expiration dates for cards on file with your Automated Recurring Billing (ARB) subscriptions and Customer Information Manager (CIM) profiles. Using Account Updater can help you avoid interruptions to scheduled recurring payments and unnecessary declines resulting from cards with updated account numbers or expiration dates.

If you're looking for an easy way to help avoid lost sales, unnecessary payment declines, and payment interruptions, we've got good news. Account Updater keeps your cardholder data up-to-date, so you can keep getting paid.

If you are using a card-on-file solution, such as Automated Recurring Billing (ARB) or Customer Information Manager (CIM), you know how important it is to keep your customer information updated. If you don't, you risk unnecessary payment declines and possibly lost sales and customers.

Here are a few other ways you and your customers can win with Account Updater:

• Increased authorization approvals, which helps increase sales
    • Uninterrupted service, which helps cut customer service costs
    • Reduced opportunities for service cancellations, which can improve customer retention
    Signing up for Account Updater is quick and easy. Just click Account Updater under the Tools section. Then follow the prompts from there!

Account Updater is only available for Visa and Mastercard transactions and for use with Automated Recurring Billing (ARB) and Customer Information Manager (CIM). Please see our Account Updater FAQs for more information.
  2. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

Hello,

Feel free to use this service. It has not any impact on aMember integration.
    Recurring subscription continue to work without issue.

Best Regards.
  3. nomaddesign

nomaddesign Member

This is great news from authorize.net. I noticed in the Authorize.net FAQ that Authorize.net will charge US $0.25 per profile update and that all old/ stale profiles are submitted for updating. "Additional Service Fee: $0.25 per payment profile update "

It would be great to see an aMember tool that removes stale payment profiles from customer's who are no longer active.

Any idea how this could be accomplished?

from https://support.authorize.net/authkb/index?page=content&id=A1759
    --------------------------------------------------
    I have stale/old cards from customers who no longer subscribe to or use my service. Will Account Updater update these?
    Because Account Updater collects all of your stored Visa and MasterCards each month for submission to the Account Updater network, we recommend that you work with your solution provider or web developer for assistance with removing any cards that are no longer needed, before signing up for the Account Updater service.

What card types are supported with Account Updater?
    Only Visa and MasterCard are supported for the Account Updater service.

How am I billed for each update?
    Your account will be debited for Account Updater fees on the first of the month that follows the last update, assuming there were updates received from the Account Updater service. The Account Updater charges are calculated per-response from the Account Updater service. Your account will be charged for the following successful responses:
    • NAN - New Account Number
    • NED - New Expiration Date
    • CCH - Contact Card Holder
    • ACL - Account Closed

• -------------------------------------------------------------------------
  4. nomaddesign

nomaddesign Member

Question: How do you trim lapsed / expired Authorize_CIM payment profiles without screwing up the aMember users who come back to renew?
  5. pjman

pjman Member

I have found this to be a problem after using Auto-Updater. People that totally expire can't renew. I just have to delete their old account and tell them to create a new one. Any input on how to fix this, would be great.
  6. simonsays

simonsays aMember Pro Customer

Any update on this? I've been using the auto-updater for 3 months and plan to do a major promotion to get expired members to sign up again.
  7. frybread

frybread aMember Pro Customer

Was this ever resolved? We're thinking about enabling the updater.
  8. fionaclarkson

fionaclarkson New Member

Hi, I recently joined and am planning to subscribe, can you please tell me in a nutshell what would a subscription be good for me? Thank you