Authentication Through Desktop APP

Discussion in 'Setting-up protection' started by stevenjones, May 28, 2012.

1. stevenjones

stevenjones Member

Hello,

My team has created a new application for me. Now since I don't want the software to be leaked all over the Internet, we've intergrated a login screen that goes through Internet Explorer in the background and logs in to aMember. Then the software gets the call to login, if the user that is trying to login has an active subscription.

Now after launching this software, tons of people got problems with the login procedure and it takes a couple of minutes to login. You can imagine that this is not very user friendly.

So is there a way in a sense, that the software can reach the aMember database with usersnames and see if they are active? Could this be done by an API of some sort? Already posted this question before in a ticket and all I got back was this;

As I am someone with no programming experience, I don't know what to tell my team, they came up with the IE solution.

To summarize..

I need the software to call a database or use the API and see if a user that logs in to the software has an active subscription in aMember. When active, user can use software. When expired or non existend, user can't use software.

Would be greatly appreciated if someone could give a heads up!

Looking forward to a reply.

Thanks!
  2. stevenjones

stevenjones Member

3. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

stevenjones,
    We are working on a REST API that will be available in next 4.2 release.
    And that API will help you with that job perfectly. So I recommend to wait for next 4.2 release, then upgrade your installation and change your software to use API .
    If you need to implement this faster, contact us in helpdesk, we can help with custom solution
  4. stevenjones

stevenjones Member

Appreciate the reply Alex, and although this sounds like the perfect solution.. I cannot wait as my member are getting frustrated and I need a solution yesterday (if you know what I mean). Already filed a ticket (Reference: HDM-44726-436)

What's the ETA on the 4.2 release? Hope to catch you on the help desk.

Thanks Alex.
  5. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Actually it was just released with Alpha version of API.
  6. stevenjones

stevenjones Member

Upgrading right now :) Where can I find the REST API documentation?