Assign Protected Content Per User

Discussion in 'Setting-up protection' started by resvpn, Apr 21, 2016.

1. resvpn

resvpn New Member

Hey guys, I run a VPN service, and I purchased the script to help manage subscriptions and so forth. But I am having a hard time assigning serials/credentials to separate clients upon payments, without making a protected file just for them. Currently, I have 50 customers. Does this mean I have to create 50 different protected contents and then assign each to each customer ? Or is there an easier way to make it present when they login after payment. Also the information given to each client after payment is a custom URL.
  2. jenolan

jenolan aMember Coder

If you have a serial number per sale, try softsale it allocates them one per sale.
    resvpn likes this.
  3. resvpn

resvpn New Member

Thanks @ienolan

The only thing is, upon signing up, I collect their "Password" specifically for the application, then compile it. And send it to them. So it's really a manual solution I am looking for, where I can simply go to a users account maybe, then just deliver a custom field text with a URL.
  4. jenolan

jenolan aMember Coder

Manual ... UG

Admin > Config > Add User Field > Setup as you like
    Then have a gander at http://www.amember.com/docs/How_to_add_user_tab_with_Active_Resources you can add the field to the list (rather than the example replacing).

If the account can have multiple purchases the field needs to be in the product instead http://www.amember.com/docs/How_to_add_fields_to_a_product

What you can still do is collect that password, have softsale generate the key and it will all be done automatically, also allows for replacing keys and automated validation... dunno your model I try and avoid manual like the plague.
  5. resvpn

resvpn New Member

I am certainly not that technical. But is there is a way to test Softsale before purchasing it ? All I really need is some way to place an element (text field) so when they login, they can see their server URL.
  6. resvpn

resvpn New Member

7. jenolan

jenolan aMember Coder

Could you go over to my site raise a ticket and I will try to help.
  8. resvpn

resvpn New Member

I made an account on your website and use the contact form.
  9. jenolan

jenolan aMember Coder

Raise a ticket I will need ftp/admin access to do the stuff