Apache 2.0 For Windows

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by Mike Zotos, Jun 16, 2003.

1. Mike Zotos

Mike Zotos Guest

Hi. You mentioned in a previous post that aMember works with Apache for Windows, but you did not mention which version. I'm running 2.0 on Win2K Advanced Server. I'm also running IIS on the same box. The Apache server is using port 8080 and that's where my protected directory is. The non-protected directories are being served on IIS including the https pages. I am running PHP 4.3.1 and MySQL 1.4 for Windows is also installed.

Is it possible to install and configure aMember Pro with this setup? Thanks.
  2. Mike Zotos

Mike Zotos Guest

Sorry, I meant to say that I have MySQL version 4.01 in the above post. Thanks.
  3. alex-adm

alex-adm Guest

Yes, it is possible if you have full access to the server.
    You will need to install Zend Optimizer or ionCube Loader for PHP.
  4. Mike Zotos

Mike Zotos Guest

Thanks Alex. I have complete access to all my servers. How do you usually install aMember Pro? FTP, Telnet, or pcAnywhere? After I purchase the software I would prefer to give you pcAnwhere and FTP access. I'm also thinking of installing aMember on a new box and start from scratch. This way I can serve all the files using Apache 2.0. I recently tried to have SiteInteractive.com's Account Manager Pro (Perl scripts) installed on another box and it's a mess. THEY did the install and could not get the scripts to work for AuthorizeNet.
  5. alex-adm

alex-adm Guest

Mike,
    no problems, I hope I will be able to get it working. If you are talking about new server, I would recommend you Linux... but it is your business.
  6. Mike Zotos

Mike Zotos Guest

Very good Alex. I will install PHP and MySQL first and then purchase the program (sometime this evening EDT) and then hand the ball over to you. I prefer Win2K. I have been using NT for so long that it's just easier for me right now. I tried Linux once and had too many problems. You know the old saying, " You can't teach an old dog new tricks" (American saying). Just call me an "old dog".