Any News On The Long Awaited Update ?

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by Guest, Nov 23, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

any news on the long awaited update ?

been over 6 months ........ :(
  2. Guest

Guest Guest

i guess not
  3. Guest

Guest Guest

BUMP !
  4. Zaja

Zaja New Member

Ok, any news on the long awaited update ?

:unsure:
  5. pilot

pilot New Member

Quality software is done when it's finished.

So often I see "updates" as fixes for software that was'nt thought out or tested properly.

You can bet that the software in AmemberPro is 1st class and does'nt need "fixes", any new fuctionality is going to thoroughly thought out and tested. When it comes, it's going to be great.

AmemberPro cost $99.95 and that is a bargain basement price for real quality, if you want loads of updates there's Dream account, and costs loads more money. You can update to your hearts content, never be in the same league as this.

If its worth having its worth waiting for.
  6. alex-adm

alex-adm Guest

pilot, thank you for your support.

Release delayed because we are finishing 2 important features, first is completed and second is not yet. Both these add-ons requires massive templates changes, so we don't want to split templates upgrade to 2 releases.
    Upgrading aMember Pro is very easy process, but updating templates may be very painfull. It is why we want to release 1 upgrade instead of 2.
  7. alex-adm

alex-adm Guest

aMember is upgrading very often (usually once in 1-2 weeks), we just don't advertise it - download latest version from members area and you will see.
    Current version is 1.9.3RC23
    Next will be 1.9.3RC24
    then we expect 1.9.4
  8. otravers

otravers Guest

Alex, do you publish a changelog somewhere? That would be useful to know whether we should roll out minor revisions or not.
  9. alex-adm

alex-adm Guest

changelog is in the file
    amember/docs/changelog.txt

we will publish it separately soon.
  10. otravers

otravers Guest

OK, I can read it there, but it's not obvious to what version the top entries belong to (above 1.8.4). Is this document up to date?
  11. alex-adm

alex-adm Guest

demo has not been updated for a long time, so this file is not recent as well.
    however, if you are aMember Pro owner, you can find this file in script archive.
  12. otravers

otravers Guest

I am an aMember Pro customer, I have looked around but I can't find the path to that file. Can you please tell me exactly where it is? Thanks.
  13. alex-adm

alex-adm Guest

download aMember Pro archive, unpack it.
    then you will be able to read file
    amember/docs/changelog.txt
  14. Regs

Regs New Member

Alex,

I'm an amember pro customer and it would be extremely helpful if you posted somewhere in the members area each time the script is updated... I find it odd that I need to download the whole script everytime just to see if there has been an update?!?!?!

Or give me the option to sign up for some sort of notification email that you send out with an update notice attached.

This is the only complaint I have here :D

Cheers,

~Regs.
  15. otravers

otravers Guest

Yes, notification by email and RSS, as well as a public changelog, would be very welcome by us aMember Pro customers.