Another Podcast/iTunes/RSS Question

Discussion in 'Setting-up protection' started by disview, Mar 10, 2013.

1. disview

disview New Member

I am really new to Amember, so I apologize if I come off as completely clueless. I am switching from a very simple php/mysql membership script (phpsecurearea) that utilized basic authentication (.htpasswd/.htaccess)

All of the mp3 files and the rss feed were in protected folders (again, it was just basic htpasswd) and iTunes had no problem with it. In addition, the Apple Podcast app would work with this protected feed as well. When entering the RSS Url in the app, the user would just include their login info.

So it would look like: http://username:password@domain.com/?feed=rss2

I'm having trouble getting amemberPro to play nice with iTunes. I set up a folder to house my mp3's and chose basic htpasswd protection, but no luck. Is it because the RSS feed is Wordpress which is being protected by Amember? Is there a way to unprotect the rss feed, or have a copy of it lie somewhere else outside of wordpress?
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Basic htpasswd protection should work the same way as you had in your old script.
    Try to open any mp3 file in your browser and check do you have access if you specify valid login/password.