amprotect widget problem

Discussion in '3rd Party Service Providers' started by jetbig, Feb 2, 2010.

1. jetbig

jetbig New Member

I am having a problem with my wordpress theme and amprotect.

It seems when I have the amprotect widget activated all my widgets on the index of my site will not work.

I know its the amprotect because I have deactivated all the plugins and only activated the amprotect plugin.

Example is "No categories" after I activate the amprotect plugin.
  2. deafdavid

deafdavid Member

Have you contact Ken at his website (k e n c i n n u s (dot) c o m)? I know he's good checking his email.
  3. kengary

kengary aMember Pro Customer

Yes, we are in touch via email. I've never seen this problem so I'm hoping to look into it more closely on his site when he gets back to me next.
  4. kengary

kengary aMember Pro Customer

Just to report. I took a good hard look at the installation and theme. He is running WordPress 2.8.5 and I (so far) have been unable to resolve the issue.

When you use the protection tags within a post, the data for the sidebars disappears. The category widget says there are no categories. The recent posts widget says there are no recent posts.

It works fine in WordPress 2.9.1. It works fine if you protect the entire post by checking one of the boxes at the bottom. It works fine for the personalization tags. But this is a real mystery.

I'll let you know if I figure it out.

If anyone else is having this problem please let me know. Contact me using the contact form on my site.