amprotect incremental content wordpress

Discussion in '3rd Party Service Providers' started by graujm, Jun 10, 2010.

1. graujm

graujm New Member

I don't understand how to make incremental content a post on word press?
    Any one know how to, I can only configure a path to a folder, any idea?

thank you
    JM
  2. graujm

graujm New Member

got it, redirection file to post in the folder....

I think that's the way.
    Tank you
    JM
  3. kengary

kengary aMember Pro Customer

Yes, that's right! You make a folder for each incremental content and the only thing in that folder is an index.php with a redirect to your WordPress post for that content.

And if you use the amProtect folder you can protect the content in that post by the incremental content name so anyone who may stumble onto that post before their time or if they are not active on that product will be redirected to your signup page to join your membership.
  4. virtualbina

virtualbina New Member

I have both incremental content and amProtect plugin. I've set up 4 modules in my course and each module to appear every 7 days. And it works beautifully.

What I was wondering, is there a way I can give a special member access to all modules without waiting having to wait the time? I tried changing the date the member signed up to an earlier date but that didn't work.

Is there another way this can be done?

Warm regards,
    Bina.
  5. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

That should work, but you gotta clear your cache and authenticated sessions after the change.

You can also create new product that gets the incremental content from day 0. Then add that to the members account.

David
  6. tgbb

tgbb New Member

Ken, GREAT software but it doesn't work.

1. It isn't pulling the proper subscription information from the amember DB (and I can't change the DB settings to test that... once you set it, you can never change it even if you uninstall/reinstall the plugin). So for me, everytime I try to protect content.. it hides it regardless of the user subscription.

2. When I protect a post, it does a funky redirect to the sites home page with a malformed URL. You mention consistency on the www. and non www and I am only using non-www everywhere.

I've emailed and called.. but to no avail.

Please help or I certainly can't recommend this product to others.

Bill
  7. davidm1

sounds to me like your integration is off somehow.
    Are you using an permalinks plugin? Tested turning it off?

If it isnt pulling subscription info from amember, sounds like the database isnt getting accessed. Are your amprotect settings correct?

Kens away a couple of days- im sure he'll get back to you as soon as he is able.

David
  8. tgbb

tgbb New Member

Thanks David.

The plugin wasn't working because I was using htpasswd to protect the folder, but that method doesn't pass the login information to wordpress.

So it is now working.. except it still does a funky redirect when I try to protect a whole post... it does work if I comment out part of the post using [amprotect=item].

Bill
  9. davidm1

Make sure all the links are correct in the amprotect settings and the widget.

David
  10. tgbb

tgbb New Member

it is working now... thanks

strange cause i didn't change anything - lol.
  11. kengary

kengary aMember Pro Customer

Hey Bill!

Glad it's working now!

Ken