Amember + XenForo Login..

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by scottlott, Dec 4, 2011.

1. scottlott

scottlott Member

Hey Alex,
    I'm having an issue with my XenForo integration. For some users, when aMember 4 logs in it does NOT log in the user into XenForo. Infact, on signup when the first login occurs it NEVER logs the user into XenForo.

Is there a way to modify the XenForo plugin so that each time the XenForo page loads it checks to see if aMember has the user logged in, and if it does to sign the user into XenForo as well. Some diagnoses I've done so far:

- For some reason, I noticed the chance of XenForo not logging in was higher if the user's name didn't include a number.

- The login failure is not browser specific, it happens in IE, Firefox, and Chrome.
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Hi,
    Do you have exact steps how this issue can be recreated?
    Or does this happens from time to time?
  3. scottlott

scottlott Member

It just happens from time to time, not in any particular situation. I've tried to consistently recreate it but I haven't been able to. I would say 1 out of every 9 to 10 login attempts fail.
  4. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Please submit a ticket with sample login info, we will try to find out what happens.
    Also, may not it be related with different domain names (with or wihout www., subdomains) of aMember and Xenforo?
  5. nbgmed

nbgmed Member

Hi Alex,

how did you made the xenforo integration with the top-nav-bar and automatic login in both systems? Please tell me just the method, so I can give it to my programmer.

Best,

George
  6. alexander

George, ​
    Single login between aMember and xenforo should work by default. ​
    Top nav bar was done in xenforo itself, here is example of login links: ​
    <div class="block-auth">
    <xen:if is="!{$visitor.user_id}">
    Already a member? <a href="/amember/login?amember_redirect_url=/forum/">Sign In</a>.
    </xen:if>
    <xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id}">
    <a href="/amember/member">My Account</a> | <a href="/amember/logout">Sign Out</a>&nbsp;
    </xen:if>
    </div>

7. nbgmed

nbgmed Member

Hi Alex,

we have some issues with the xenforo plugin. Our aMember folder is not an amember url-folder. We use "app" instead. How can we change the plugin-code so this will work out?

best regards,

George
  8. alexander

Edit /forum/library/Amember/Redirect.php and change all "amember" references to "app"
  9. AdamCapriola

AdamCapriola New Member

10. nbgmed

nbgmed Member

Thanks Adam, hope this will help!