aMember + WordPress

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by curmudgeon, Jan 8, 2009.

1. curmudgeon

curmudgeon New Member

Hi everyone,

I'm a developer in the states and I came across your site (from Membership Academy) while looking at membership software. I'm a WordPress fan and I work mostly with PHP/MySQL. Never worked with aMember or any other membership software.

I have two sites which I believe are a fit for aMember + WordPress. However, I have two questions:

1 - I see that David @ Membership Academy has also skinned aMember to look like the WP theme. If I build or buy a new WP theme, is it very difficult to apply those new theme elements to aMember?

2 - One of the sites has a requirement that a member have a public profile page that they maintain - however they will not be contributing any other content. Is there a way to restrict a member's ability to only modify their profile page in WordPress?

Thanks for your help.

~Dave
  2. fadi

fadi New Member

Dave,

for #1, yes you can do anything you like. The templates are html based and you can add php code in them within {php}{/php} tags. the {} behaves exactly like the <?php> tags. If you know html, and php you can do pretty much anything you want.

As far as the second part, it is better to just hide and/or disable the wordpress login, and let the users use the amember login. With amember's wordpress login, it will sync wordpress and amember logins, so a single signon.
  3. cmoreno

cmoreno New Member

curmudgeon:
    let me know what you find out.
    i'm doing something very similar and have similar experience; i've been using wordpress for quite a long time now but just now getting in to the member aspects of it and needing to develop a few websites where i need to offer paid memberships.

i think i am going to try this product as well as wp-member (http://wp-member.com/) ...and am going to try to do a lot of testing this week. i'm especially interested in things like customizing the registration / login process as well as how well the single-signon works.