Amember Wordpress Plugin Documentation?

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by brandondrury, Jan 31, 2009.

1. brandondrury

brandondrury New Member

Hello,

I'm working to integrate Wordpress and Amember (I've already purchased Amember) in a way that I'm sure isn't too common.

I'm having a few problems and I was curious if the Wordpress plugin would solve my problems. Unfortunately, I can't find any documentation on the plugin.

Where can I find info on what the Amember Wordpress plugin specifically does?

Brandon
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

The wordpress plugin copies amember user info and level into wordpress. It checks the wordpress user roles, and amember is able to assign this role to a product. It also allows for a single login.

David
  3. codeispoetry

codeispoetry aMember Pro Customer

Hey Brandon,

What do you have in mind for the aMember + Wordpress integration?

Lee
  4. brandondrury

brandondrury New Member

I'm using Wordpress as a CMS for an ebook / membership site. (Actually 8 different books) The plan is to offer search engine friendly pages (with dramatically less content and a sales page) to guests and then the real deal content to logged in users. I'm using pages in Wordpress for this as it ended up fitting my needs better than posts.

I was hoping that Amember would provide a simple variable that said $logged_in=1 or something to that effect. I haven't given it a serious look yet, but it appears the entire page gets hijacked by the login page. Hopefully that will be easy to resolve.

I'm having some problems with some conflicting functions that I'll need to work out, but I don't want to ask for help just yet as I haven't dug in enough to know what to ask.

Brandon
  5. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

With the hidepost integration i teach, you get as much teaser text as you want, with the meat of the content protected.

David
  6. brandondrury

brandondrury New Member

Tell me a little more about the method you teach (without giving it away).

I'm concerned that it may show me one way of acheiving the integration I'm looking for without working with the method I've pretty much already committed to.

Brandon
  7. skippybosco

skippybosco CGI-Central Partner Staff Member