aMember v4 with PayPal Pro

Discussion in 'Payments processing' started by janea, Mar 17, 2014.

1. janea

janea aMember Pro Customer

I have noticed, over time, that randomly some folks (does not matter location) will fill out our payment information and be taken to our thank you page. However, when they click the area to see videos or PDF's that are member only visible, they cannot access those videos/PDFs. They get told they need to purchase a product first.

This mainly happens for PayPal customers, however, I have seen it happen for CC users as well (Authorize.net). The IPN is setup correctly for PayPal.

My questions:
    Is there a certain way I should setup the PayPal system so that it will allow instant access or is the very nature of waiting for the IPN handshake such that instant access is not possible? I do notice that the customers can usually log out and back in and get access OR if they log out and wait an hour or so then they get access.

Are there any troubleshooting steps that I can give to customers in a FAQ or something on how to help themselves with these errors? Or is there something "I" can do to prevent it in the first place?

Thank you for your help!

Jim Leeth
    Dramanotebook.com Webmaster
    www.jllweb.com
  2. janea

janea aMember Pro Customer

Any thoughts on this from our fantastic support group out there? Just wondering if this is something others have experienced or if I may have something I missed? Thanks.