aMember Protection Settings in Wordpress not working

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by tarawagner, Jan 9, 2013.

1. tarawagner

tarawagner New Member

I have files that have been uploaded to my Wordpress content previously. When I go in to edit that content I see the aMember options to protect the content, but when I click Update on the new settings it's showing it reverts back to no options selected at all. I've tested it by downloading and the file is not protected. What am I missing?
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

can you post a screenshot? Im having trouble understanding what pages you are on.

David
  3. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

I am not sure what you are describing, but I can address one part. Links to files on a protected WordPress page are not necessarily protected (including any file from the WordPress Media Library). This is discussed on the "Protecting Links to Files" page from the WordPress documentation.
  4. powerkeys

powerkeys Member

I know this is an old post, but I'm having the same issue, and I think I can better explain what is happening.

I'm setting up the integration between aMember and WordPress for the first time. Everything seems to be working, however, in the WordPress media library, when I click "edit" for a media item, the edit page offers a tab for "aMember Protection Settings", which offers the same set of options as protecting a page or post. As such, it appears that WordPress & aMember will work together to restrict access the media items within the WordPress media library.

However, after checking the "Protection enabled" checkbox and setting Access Permissions for the media item, when I click the "Update" button at the bottom of the page, all of the aMember Protection Settings are lost. As such, media items in the WordPress media library cannot be protected.

Seems to be a bug somewhere. If aMember is not intended to protect WordPress media items, then this option should not be displayed on the media item edit page. If it is intended to work, then the settings need to be saved.

As mentioned before, this all works for pages and posts, but not for WordPress media items.

I am currently using aMember v. 5.4.3 and WordPress 5.0.2.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Attached Files: