aMember profile and WordPress profile

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by jennifer_davis, Jun 27, 2012.

1. jennifer_davis

jennifer_davis New Member

I am creating a custom WordPress installation for an arts organization. I want to use aMember Pro to handle the yearly subscription payments and donations and to create the arts organization's membership database. But since the aMember Pro customer profile form does not allow a photo, I want arts members to also have access to their WordPress profile where they can upload a photo. I don't need to protect any of the WordPress pages. The entire site is free - only membership to the organization requires payment.

Would members require two different logins - one for the aMember Pro site and one for the actual WordPress site?

Is there any way to copy registration/profile information from the aMember Pro site to the WordPress site? This way members don't have to re-type profile information twice.

Thanks for any assistance!
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

Single login works, but for profile info- i dont think amember copies over all the details of the amember user record over- contact amember support to update the plugin to copy that over.
    However- if you are using wordpress, it uses an avatar system which has the ability to show an image for the user based on their email.

David
  3. shotoshi

shotoshi Member

I have a similar request which I will document here later, but I just wanted to say that the WordPress avatar system requires users to sign up to Gravatar in order to assign a photo to their profile.

This is such a clunky idea I wouldn't recommend it. Most of our user base have no idea what Gravatar is and I wouldn't want to send them there to sign up. It's another set of usernames and passwords to remember.

A much better approach would be to create custom user fields so that users can upload a photo.

Would be great if aMember could allow users to upload a photo, then we could map this to their user profile in WordPress.