aMember Pro v.4 beta released

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by alex, Jun 9, 2011.

1. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Hello,

we are happy to finally introduce you aMember Pro v.4. It is currently beta, but we hope to start pilot live installations next month.

What is new:
    • Completely reworked code and design
    • Uses Zend Framework and HTML_QuickForm2 libraries
    • Supports themes for admin and user pages. Themes can have configurable values - for example to define custom colors
    • Configurable multi-page signup and profile forms (aMember CP -> Forms Editor)
    • Signup forms is now used to bill both new and existing customers
    • Products may have several "Billing Plans" defined. You do not need to create new products to provide say monthly and yearly billing
    • Reworked, normalized database structure. It is ready now for advanced reporting and other important features
    • No plain-text passwords stored in database. We have invented special technique to do not store plain-text passwords and anyway make third-party scripts integrations possible
    • aMember CP -> Content page allows you to control all kind of protected user content from one page: files (uploadable via browser), folders, pages (editable in browser), links and autoresponder/expiration e-mail messages. Without any additional plugins you can define access to be provided after specified number of days since subscription start
    • All tables within aMember CP uses our own unique grid component. It supports paging, filtering, sorting, AJAX updating and running different actions on records
    • User table within aMember CP allows you to filter users based on numerous criteria. For example you can select records from New York city, having active subscription to Product XX and having no expired subscription to Product YY. When records found, you can browse it and run actions on these records - for example, delete them, lock them, or send all these users an e-mail message. You can also save User Search to quickly run it another day.
    • Product Categories implemented - useful to group products in admin control panel, group them in the Shopping Cart, and define access permissions
    • Import script has been completely reworked to simplify import process with easy step-by-step interface and helpful hints
    • E-Mail Users function has been reworked. It stores history of send e-mails and allows you to finish interrupted e-mailing, or repeat past e-mail messages.
    • E-Mail Queue has been implemented, all ows to queue newsletters into database to do not go over limits configured by web-hosting provider.
    • Reporting engine has been reworked to provide graphical, visually appealing reports
    • Rebuild Db function has been reworked to handle data by portions. Tested on 100,000 users database with plugins enabled, it finishes in 5 minutes.
    • There is an online interface to translate aMember messages
    • It is possible to localize different strings from database - for example product names and descriptions can be translated to foreign languages and if customer chooses that language, he will see translated titles in signup form. We will continue work in this direction to make aMember ready for multi-language websites.
    • There is a special "Build Demo" function available to fill aMember database with random user records to make testing easier.
    • New "HelpDesk" module. Customers can contact you - create tickets and you may answer them from aMember CP. Customer will be notified about response by e-mail.
    • Recaptcha integration - if configured, can be used in signup forms and will be used if user enters wrong password 5 times instead of delays.
    • And many other cool features

Known problems:
    • affiliate module not available
    • newsletter module not available
    • there is no ability to add/edit invoice from admin panel
    • after adding user within aMember CP it does not redirect to added user records
    • quick stats numbers on admin dashboard are not calculated

Where to test:
    http://register.demo.amember.com/
    Please do not share this link and do not publish on third-party websites. On this stage we can only afford limited testing. All who can find and read this topic are welcome, but we do not want much noise yet.

Where to post feedbacks:
    We will appreciate any, both negative and positive feedbacks posted here to this topic, or e-mailed to support-v4@cgi-central.net

Where to post problems, bugs and feature requests:
    There is a bug tracker for aMember Pro v.4 : http://bt.amember.com/
    Please login with your amember.com username and password, and submit bug report or feature request, it is very much apprecated. We will also implement voting for features in the bugtracker soon, so stay tuned.
  2. jackgordon

jackgordon Member

Just took a look around... this looks fantastic!
  3. alex

Thank you Jack!
  4. graphixx

graphixx Member

I agree with jackgordon, this simply looks amazing and it will be a new learning curve to start to use it:p

One quick question: Will the integration plugins still work as they have done or do they need to be upgraded also?
  5. alex

Thanks!

Bad news: all plugins must be rewritten from scratch.
    Good news: it is very easy and quick to do. Average integration plugin takes 2 pages of code, and most part takes the single-login handling.
  6. anybody99

anybody99 New Member

When you said live testing next month (july), does it mean that we can install it only next month? i'm a bit confused so hope you can clarify when will be able to install the beta version on our sites.
  7. alex

Yes, I hope to provide beta version for download next month. To be sure it can be used on live websites, we need help of testers, preferably on new websites. Please understand - aMember Pro v.3 is on the market almost 10 years of evolution. It has lot of rough edges but its core is very stable.

v.4 is brand new. It never has been used on a live website. We did the best, but office testing does not give enough understanding how will it work in real life. It is too early to convert live websites to v.4.
  8. rsigcourses

rsigcourses Member

Excellent looking so far!

JW is it still possible to link to the order page and only have one product show? If so is it just as easy in the current amember
  9. rhodes

rhodes New Member

I can't wait for this to be downloadable to test this on my new site :)

One question, will we have to pay additional upgrade fees or will the download be available to all those with a current upgrade subscription?
  10. alex

That is interesting question. Peoples already ordered upgrade subscription will of course get ability to upgrade to aMember Pro v.4 until their upgrade subscription is active. But for other customers upgrade policy may be changed.
  11. rsigcourses

rsigcourses Member

Just FYI: This forum is viewable by guests, not sure if it was meant to be like that, but I wouldn't expect this to stay secret very long if not.
  12. alex

Well, that is not the top secret. Not a secret at all, we just do not want wide advertising yet.
  13. jermooski

jermooski New Member

Very Nice!!!

Alex.. CGI Team..

Thank you for posting these llinks. Really enjoy seeing the forward progress on v4. I will definitely be making a purchase as we move through 2011.. maybe 2 or 3 purchases if all goes well on my side.

Thanks!!!
    Jer
  14. loungeme

loungeme Guest

It looks amazing! What is the release datum?
  15. alex

Thanks for feedbacks! We hope to get production-ready release by September.
  16. severt

severt New Member

It looks great! But please change the "red color" when you click a button.
    Red means stop, and I constantly look at the screen if I'm doing something wrong...
    Question though, you say all plugins need to be rewritten...
    Do you know in which order that is going to happen?
    I need Clickbank and iDEAL (Dutch payment provider)

Thanks!
  17. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

18. wallpaper_01

wallpaper_01 Member

Hi, if I bought aMember now would I receive a free upgrade to version 4?
  19. newhotrod

newhotrod New Member

Recently purchased aMemberPro, feedback on demo

Hi, I recently purchased aMember, about 3 months ago and have been holding off implementing my installation until v4.

--- I wonder if I will be able to do a fresh install of the new version?

The demo is looking good visually from what I've seen so far, but I haven't tested extensively.

Two things I have noticed which have me a bit concerned:

1) Where has the function gone to export users? My organisation needs this function as we regularly reformat and print membership lists

2) Reports - will there be any way to export to csv? The current v4 reports system I see in the demo is a visual graph for income which cannot be printed or reproduced off-screen.

Thanks, I look forward to your response.
  20. alex

Yes, of course. You get 6 months of free updates and v.4 will definitely be released within this time frame.

1. There will be even more points to export - potentially we can implement export for each grid you see in aMember Cp. We are working on this, and export will definitely be included into the release.
    2. Yes, there will be a table with numbers under each graph + ability to download that as CSV.