amember - paypal - moodle

Discussion in 'Integration' started by sarah_rendle, Apr 9, 2014.

1. sarah_rendle

sarah_rendle Member

Hi there can anyone help me to understand this process please.

I have setup my amember and my paypal account I have added my moodle integration the logins seem to be working well. However, I do not understand how the paypal payment for the courses work - hence this is not working in my system. I think if I could get my head around the understanding of the process I will be able to figure out how to setup the system to work. (only docs available are outdated)

Q: What do I have to do for my amember - paypal plugin for it to recognise the courses I am offering within the membership to allow the member to access the courses instantly upon payment?

I do not see how the amember - paypal can be linked to a specific course - what am I missing?

I have my moodle courses set for manual enrolment, paypal enrolment - is this right or should I have the enrolment set differently?

I get the feeling this is something very basic but I just don't get it.... please help :-(

Sarah x
  2. jprescott68

jprescott68 Member

Hi Sarah,

Your questions raised here are the same ones I have at the moment. I am currently configuring aMember with Moodle and PayPal, and like you I am new to aMember.

I would appreciate it if you could let me know how you got on (and hopefully help others too as there is not much documentation on Moodle integration, unfortunately).

Also, I am having trouble installing the aMember login block into my Moodle front page - did you do this OK? I am getting errors :(

Thanks in advance for your help.

Julie
  3. sarah_rendle

sarah_rendle Member

Hi there, Yes, I had no trouble with adding the login block to moodle.

I think my problem was I was "thinking" about the process too much. aMember is terrific and I guess you need a far bit of faith. Rather than second guessing the process.

If you follow the instructions regarding paypal and you have successfully linked the databases then you shouldn't have any problem.

I am still learning and guess that will be for a far length of time but I am thrilled I found aMember.
  4. jprescott68

jprescott68 Member

Thanks for your reply,

Did you eventually get the login block to work?

Julie x
  5. sarah_rendle

sarah_rendle Member