Amember login VS WordPress login

Discussion in 'Customization & add-ons' started by skubeedoo, Oct 11, 2018.

1. skubeedoo

skubeedoo Member

Right now, my subscribers, when they log in, they log in to both Amember AND wordpress. At the top of the page, it shows the 'wordpress' info. Is there a way to make it so subscribers only log into Amember?
    Thank you
  2. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

Hello,

You need to remove all existing integration records for wordpress:
    aMember CP -> Protect Content -> Integration

Best Regards.
  3. skubeedoo

skubeedoo Member

Does this mean any protection within wordpress pages also goes away? If so, how do you make it so all signups remain subscribers? I have members that are listed under wordpress as "subscribers" and others are randomly listed as "contributors". Is there any way to make sure they're all 'subscribers' so they don't have publishing rights?
    Thank you.
  4. caesar

Do you use aMember WP plugin to handle protection in WP? In this case this integration plugin is not necessary at all.
    (You can even disable it). Integration plugin is necessary only if you want to sync users between aMember and Wordpress.

You can remove all users in Wordpress if you do not need it. Protection continue to work.

Best Regards.
  5. skubeedoo

skubeedoo Member

It's a WP website and I use the WP plugin to protect pages and to use the theme.
  6. caesar

In this case you do not need users in WP at all. You can remove all user in WP and remove all integration records for WP within aMember. Keep WP plugin enabled within aMember (it is necessary to use WP theme on aMeber pages).

Best Regards.