Amember & Joomla

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by linsys, Jun 16, 2006.

1. linsys

linsys New Member

My question is in regard to the Joomla and Amember integration...

I would like to write a component for Joomla which requires a user to log in, once the user tries to log into Mambo the Amember database is checked to make sure that the user's subscription is current.

Once logged in Joomla will display user specific information for that customer which will pull from the Joomla database... I can write all of the joomla side of things..

I just want to make sure that is how the AMember application integrates with Joomla as far as user authentication goes.

As far as how the users will signup for different subscription types, I assume I would have links on my Joomla site which would point to the different memberships types available inside of AMember correct?

Any documents or even a trial of the joomla plugin would be appreciated.
  2. ianh

ianh New Member

aMember keeps the Joomla users table up to date. Once someone has made a payment they are added to the Joomla users table as a 'registered' user (or their existing entry is updated to registered). When their subscription expires, they are downgraded to a 'public' user. If you use the Community Builder component it may get more complex than that, I'm not sure.

Because someone can have an entry in the Joomla users table but not be a current member, you need to test the $my object in Joomla specifically for registered status.

When it comes to actual login, the user is logged into aMember first and then logged into Joomla. Logout is, as you would expect, vice versa.

Yes, just have links pointing to different membership types from your Joomla site to aMembers signup page. I don't think Alex does trials of the plugin but, for what it's worth, I can attest it does work.

Cheers, Ian