amember database connect prob after hack

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by minx, May 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. minx

minx New Member

I got your email about a vulnerability and didn't do anything, i eventually applied that manual fix as I couldn't afford the update... all seemed ok, my current problem says on screen:

"Script Error
    Error establishing a database connection. Please contact site webmaster if this error does not disappear long time"

This afternoon it was all ok after I cleaned out a hack... I find my site was redirecting to some rolex watch site and so I found via ftp various files, named in hex values... designed to use the 'assert' function in php which I've just asked my host to disable with the command " assert_options(ASSERT_ACTIVE, 0); "

would this cause a problem? I've check the dirs of amember and I did find a rogue file... which i removed

If you could advise me that'll be great, I'm not sure if the amember vulnerability (im using 4.5 i think or there about's) was the cause or if it was something else... either way they were uploading rogue files and using the assert command to run things and add stuff to files which made the redirect...

anyway It may be my host this time around... I'm just not sure... I'll let you know if the host find anything or if the error go's away, cheers
  2. minx

minx New Member

my host says the mysql-server is ok....

so I have a 'Error establishing a database connection' message... the database is there, I've updated the password for the user to match the config file just incase that was changed...

I've remove that fix/edit... tried again and its the same... I've replaced the custom php file for my site...
    I'm stuck, please advise... it should be an easy fix, the database is there the data is there the files seem the same and the configs have the right data to connect with so besides that i'm stuck...
  3. minx

minx New Member

It's fixed, the host created a new php.ini for the assert functions to be disabled and removed the PDO extension which aMember needed to run, so I eventually placed some debug code in my config file to see what was what... and yes the PDO extension needed to be installed and so the host did so and It worked
    caesar likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.