aMember+CMS+phpBB (advice needed)

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by Andre Chaperon, Feb 18, 2004.

1. Hi folks,

I know very little about CMS solutions and I need advice/suggestions please. What I do know is that I need to use the phpBB bulletin board system on my private membership website.

What I need to do:
    I'm setting up an Internet Marketing private membership website. The CMS needs to manage 'articles' 'downloads' 'news' etc (content handling).

Over and above, I would like to use phpBB as a forum solution.

What CMS fit's the bill? Idealy, it would be great if all three parts are integrated.

For example: Members have to first 1. login via a User ID/password OR 2. Subscribe.

Once a member has logged in, they should be free to browse content (articles etc) and participate in the private forum (ideally not having to re-signin).

Alex, what CMS solution would your suggestion be for me?

Warm regards,
    Andre Chaperon
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Andre,
    I'm really not an expert in CMS - never used any for long time.

As I know phpNuke could meet your requirements, because only phpNuke has integration with phpBB (may be I'm wrong!)

As a programmer, I don't like phpNuke, envolution CMS seems to be a lot better solution. But I'm not sure if it meets your requirements.
  3. Hi Alex,

I kind of like the nice clean look of the www.MamboServer.com CMS. What sort of integration does your MamboServer plugin offer? How well integrated is the membership signup with the MamboServer portal?

I notice that phpBB does integrate into MamboServer quite nicely:
    >> http://forum.mamboserver.com

I look forward to your response ;)

I almost ready to purchase now :D

Look's as though my shopping cart will look like this :confused:
    aMamber Pro + phpBB + MamboServer

Take care,
    Andre Chaperon
  4. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member