Amember Capabilities/customization

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by Solari, Jul 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solari

Solari Guest

Greetings,

We're currently trying to decide between aMember and DreamAccount, so I have a few questions.

Can aMember integrate with pmachine? (http://www.pmachine.com)

Has anyone gotten aMember to work successfully with Netbilling, whom we use?

How does aMember work with payment gateways like Netbilling? What about the data that's already in Netbilling? When a member signs up for a subscription how is this passed onto Netbilling? Will it show a secure page or do we need to turn on our SSL part of the web server? (Netbilling handles this for us so we don't have to worry about providing SSL on our server)

How does aMember handle recurring transactions? We're a member site that charges both on an annual and monthly basis.

According to the features list, aMember can send pre-billing notifications which is great, but can we configure this for specific subscriptions and not for others? I.e. we want pre-billing notification for annual subscriptions, but not for monthlies?

Member account updating - if a member's credit card has expired or changed, can the member login and update it?

Thanks for taking the time to answer them. :)

Ray
  2. pilot

pilot New Member

Hi Ray,

Alex is on hols, but if I can relay my experience to you:

I bought Dreamaccount, after loosing a lot of hair, and six weeks off my launch date I gave up on it and purchased Amemberpro.
    AmemberPro is in a different league, I am so grateful to this program because it has made my site so much better, and restored my confidence in subscriptions software. It works perfectly.

Have a look at this link, the info is a little outdated, but gives you a good idea of the pedigree of the software.
    http://php.resourceindex.com/Complete_Scri...ser_Management/

As to your questions, I use Worldpay and Nockex, with the offline processing thrown in and all works spot on. Not sure about netbilling, maybe some one else can help you here. Generally if its possible, Alex can do it, and if its a new add on or plug in Alex has very reasonable charges. Every request I have made has been sorted.

This is an open forum, where else can you read all the comments by people who have purchased the software, before you buy it?

Have a good look round, I am sure you will! But you are in the right place!

Hope this helps
  3. Solari

Solari Guest

Pilot, thanks.

Any idea when Alex will be back and able to answer my questions?

Ray
  4. pilot

pilot New Member

Hi Ray,

I do'nt know how long, but you could email Alex if its urgent
    support@cgi-central.net
  5. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Currently we have not pMachine plugin. But if you really need it, it can be done for additional fee.

No. And I don't know can it be integrated, or not. Will contact support to get documentation.
    It work by the different ways with different paysystems. The most of paysystems suppots post-back routines. So signup process will be(for example PayPal):
    User fill signup form and press submit.
    He will be redirected to PayPal site.
    User fill credit card info at PayPal, and accept payment.
    User will be redirected to aMember thank you page.
    It will not be a problem.
    It can be done as customization.
    Yes. For these plugins where creditcard number is stored in aMember database.
  6. Solari

Solari Guest

Alex, I sent you a private message with details about the Netbilling interface.

The pMachine site is http://www.pmachine.com. It shouldn't be that hard to do, esp since DreamAccount has this.

Look forward to an update on this. Thanks!

Ray
  7. pilot

pilot New Member

You could check out DA's forum and see how they are getting on with it ? ;)

I've been there - thats why I'm here :D
  8. Solari

Solari Guest

I wouldn't know since I don't have access to it, naturally. Their sales material states it's compatible with pmachine and is included for free "for a limited time". They also state they're compatible with Netbilling.

But I'm going to hold off for a little bit to see what Alex says/can do with regards to those.

Thanks,
    Ray
  9. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Hi Ray,
    Ok. It can be implemented. I saw it have Verisign compatible mode, so I think it will work after small payflow plugin modification.
    But unfortunately, I have no time to do it now. Alex has a vacation now, and I'm alone with our customers :)
    Could you wait for Monday? I will give you detailed update.
  10. Solari

Solari Guest

Yes, that's no problem. Netbilling is also authorize.net compatible if it helps any.

Let me know about pMachine as well.

Thanks! :)

Ray
  11. Solari

Solari Guest

Alex, any progress? Let me know. Thanks!

Ray
  12. Solari

Solari Guest

Does anyone know why the folks behind aMember haven't been very responsive? I have yet to hear from anyone despite a promise to hear by last Monday. This concerns me with regards to support for this program.

Thanks,
    Ray
  13. abbeyvet

abbeyvet New Member

They have not been fast because Alex was on holiday. Not something he appears to do often, in general he seems to work about 23 hour days from what I can make out.

I think you missed the earlier point of pilot's post about DreamAccount. Yes, it promises lots of things, but as you say you cannot get into the forum until AFTER you buy. Does this not intrigue you? I have used DreamAccount, I know Pilot and others have also. If you buy it and then go to their forum your blood will run cold and you will want to get your money back before you even start working with it. That forum is full of unanswered questions, unhappy and frustrated and downright angry people struggling to make the thing work. Take a look around here - this is it, all in the open, most people happy most of the time.

Now, any business that can succeed in keeping most people happy most of the time is doing a good job, human nature being what it is.

If I were you I would hang in and wait. But if you are in big hurry then DreamAccount is there. There is a reasonable chance though that we will see you back here in a couple of weeks/months poorer and wiser.
  14. neo

neo Guest

I am hold out here for assistence myself after spending $140 for the Pro + Plugin for IPB. Alex has been of some assistance, but I'm still having some core ongoing issues.

I am beating on the system myself alot trying to figure it out... And everyday it gets a little closer to what I am needing. But I still have some issues that need dealt with.

There are a few times that I have not had any response to my questions and have thought about just doing a rambo here... but this seems like a group of good folks that respond to requests for changes and modifications to fit different enviroments and needs. So I am cutting them alot of slack... :p

If Alex is on vacation, I'm sure he will work 24/7 until everything gets caught up on.
  15. alex-adm

alex-adm Guest

Neo, I'm ready to answer any your questions.
    You may reach me by email: alex@cgi-central.net
  16. Solari

Solari Guest

Alex, good to have you back. Can you read above where you said you would get back with me last Monday and let me know if what we want is possible?

Thanks,
    "Ray
  17. alex-adm

alex-adm Guest

Answered by email.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.