aMember - BuddyPress Integration Needed

Discussion in '3rd Party Service Providers' started by drbrad, Nov 18, 2010.

1. drbrad

drbrad Guest

What we want to do is enable people to have the buddy press functionalities on our Wordpress/aMember site which is currently up and running (w/paying members).

In other words, we'd like each person to have a BuddyPress page on the website. The page will have their picture, it can have ongoing conversations with other people, basically all the BuddyPress functionality.

I teach seminars around the world in two healing methods that I have developed.

We offer certification for people in both of these methods.

In the buddy press community, I would like for people who are at a higher level of membership to be able to create discussion groups that would be naturally restricted to people who are only at that level of membership or higher.

We are currently using amProtect with our site to protect our video content and posts.

We are really very anxious to get this set up and running… I am happy to provide more explanation if needed.
  2. jmaduk

jmaduk Member

Anyone have wp/buddypress and am4 working together
    My setup isn't creating buddypress users after signup
  3. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

It seems buddypress use own tables to store user's info.
    Wordpress plugin do not support this currently I will work on this integration later.
  4. jmaduk

jmaduk Member

It's kinda working now :) Only issues is editing the profiles and the user settings. The users are being created correctly.
  5. skippybosco

skippybosco CGI-Central Partner Staff Member

Wordpress and Buddypress share the same user tables.

@jmaduk: are you just indicating that the links to profile and user settings are incorrect or what is the exact issue you are seeing?
  6. jmaduk

jmaduk Member

A logged in AM4/WP/BP user gets a blank page when they try to edit their BP settings from their profile. Everything else works.

BP admin has enabled the Components settings in Account Settings so that

Allow your users to modify their account and notification settings directly from within their profiles.

Is active.

I've tried a number of themes and same result... Any suggestions are welcome.
  7. skippybosco

If you log in to BuddyPress / Wordpress directly (ie. clean browser cookies / cache, restart, just log into BudyyPress) do you also see the white screen or do you only see the issue if you log into AM4 first?

Is there an error.log file in your wordpress, buddypress or aMember folder which may indicate what the failure is?
  8. jmaduk

jmaduk Member

Thanks... I didn't think of that...

I created a user from the wp admin and logged in directly to wp via wp-login.php Same problem... so it's a buddypress issue not amember.

I haven't seen anything on the buddypress forums so i'll have to do a bit more digging. Again thanks for you help.
  9. skippybosco

What version of BuddyPress / Wordpress are you running? BuddyPress release 1.5.4 last week which addresses some issues.

Could also be worth checking out the wordpress root directory, the buddypress (ie. \wp-content\plugins\buddypress) for an error.log file to see if it gives you any clues.
  10. jmaduk

jmaduk Member

I'll post something over at Buddypress and see what I come up with. I didn't see any error logs in the BP folders.

If WP and BP user the same user tables what happens if a logged in user does edit their BP profile settings like password?

Does this cause a problem for AM4?
  11. jmaduk

jmaduk Member

I also have amember configured to create aMember users By Demand if a user tries to login into aMember with the same username and password as for Wordpress

The user that I created in WP for the BuddyPress test above is in buddypress and WP correctly as a subscrbier BUT when I try to login amember I get a invalid username. I checked in amember and the user is not being created.

Did I miss another setting?
  12. skippybosco

It has been a while since I set up a BuddyPress integration, but I tend to remember having to modify the template for the "edit profile" link to point to aMember directly and not WordPress/BuddyPress.