amember and xenforo user IDs out of sync

Discussion in 'Integration' started by mdarras, Dec 9, 2015.

1. mdarras

mdarras New Member

Is it ok, or what would be the "problem", if the user ID within amember does not match the user ID that is in xenforo?

When I was initially setting up everything, I installed XF and set up an admin account and a user test at the same time.

Then I installed amember, and set up 2 users, but I did them in the wrong order so the user ID to not match between the two.
  2. jenolan

jenolan aMember Coder

The sync is not based on the aMember user id value, it is keyed (usually) by the user name field. Each app that you add will have its own system aMember doesn't need to be connected that way.

So long as when you login to aMember, it logs you into the xenforo as well all is golden.
    mdarras likes this.
  3. mdarras

mdarras New Member

Ok perfect. One reason I thought it mattered is, whenever I log in via amember using my account assigned as "admin" - it redirects me to the forum, but the forum doesn't log me in like it does with my other test accounts.

Any reason you can think of why is does this?

I have to always manually type the admin link to XF, log in there, then click the forum link from within the XF admin.
  4. jenolan

jenolan aMember Coder

I do not use xenforo but if it is like most other forum apps admin login is always done separately to front-end login for security.
  5. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

Actually it is done in order to aMember do not touch/alter your admin account in xenforo. So single log in do not work for admin account as well. You can log in at direct log in url as http://example.com/forum/admin.php

Replace http://example.com/forum/ with actual xenforo installation url on your server.
  6. mdarras

mdarras New Member

Yeah that's what I have ended up doing, just wanted to make sure that was the "right" way. Thanks!