aMember 5

Discussion in 'Installation' started by thehpmc, Feb 12, 2016.

1. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

I have started to 'play' with the beta release, V5, on my development and there a number of issues I am discovering.

Issues so far:
    1. Database structure is different. How to import existing member and product details details

2. There are two 'file storage systems' automatically added. How to remove them. Selecting the '(x)' and saving page doesn't remove them.

3. Selecting 'user-note' throws a Fatal Error. (Fatal error: Class 'Am_Controller_Grid' not found in /home/********/public_html/membership-5/application/default/plugins/misc/user-note.php on line 71)

Is it possible to have a new forum section so that posts relating to V5 can be posted there so avoiding any confusion. There is also no V5 section, I could find, relating to V5.xx
  2. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

1. You can upgrade your existing installation to version 5 normal way - upload patch and upgrade database.
    It is not necessary to migrate any data manually - aMember will do it on its own.

2. This two file storage plugins is system plugins and you can not disable it and I do not even know why you may want to disable it.

3. You do not need this plugin anymore. These features was incorporated to core. So just disable this plugin.
  3. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

Thanks for reply Caesar didn't realise could do it this way I originally uploaded V5 into new directory.

Now uploaded as upgrade package and yes users and products are there.

With regards 2. Never used them so just tried to remove them. No problem them being there.

With regards 3. This plugin appears on configuration page under 'Other Plugins' drop-down list so selected it as I do use that one. Again didn't realise it was now included in core files.

Thank you for help will continue to 'play' with it.

Any idea when it will be released as a 'Stable' version?
  4. 123Marketing

123Marketing Member

Can you give us a hint as to what v5 offers that is not in v4?
  5. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
  6. 123Marketing

123Marketing Member

Ah. Thanks for this.

So the gazillion dollar question is should I upgrade right now?

There are two features that I would REALLY like - changing prices and remembering extra transaction information.