aMember 4 Default Theme Template

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by invictus, Nov 27, 2011.

1. invictus

invictus Member

I'm attempting to create my own theme for amember 4, and I would like it to look a lot like the default theme.

How can I create a new theme for the client area that looks like the default theme?

I tried copying the "sample" theme but it really does not look anything like the "default" theme.

If I simply edit the default theme files, then when I update aMember all my changes will be over-written.

If I can get a theme that is exactly like the default theme for a starter "base" to build my own that would be great. Thanks!
  2. stockguy22

stockguy22 Member

Go to /%aMemberRoot%/application/default/

You will see a "views" folder and a "themes" folder.

The "views" folder is pretty much the default theme. You want to copy the contents of the views folder in to /%aMemberRoot%/application/default/themes/ThemeName

Then you would enable the theme here: http://amemberurl.com/admin-setup under User Themes, your theme will be listed.

You should start with layout.phtml and work from there. The sample theme you speak of is exactly what it is: a sample, something to give you some pointers. Anything in your theme directory will override the actual file in the views directory.
    invictus likes this.
  3. invictus

invictus Member

Thank you stockguy22 - that should get me started.