Amem Vs Memclipro

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by Rick Knock, Jul 17, 2003.

1. Rick Knock

Rick Knock Guest

1. I am looking for a subscription management program for a site I'm placing on ipowerweb (server). My server is running the following: PHP 4.3.1, Mysql 4.0.12, Perl 5.008, Red Hat Linux, Apache 1.3. According to this it looks like your program should be compatible. However, in their CGI instructions they state: "Our servers support Perl scripts easily. Other scripting languages, such as C, require the script to be compiled on a system running the same version of Unix as the server before they will function." Will your program work on this server?

2. I am looking for a subscription program to be used for monthly subscription payments, and for one-time downloads, on various sub-directories. Can your program be used to require different usernames & passwords for various areas on my site?

3. The other program I'm looking at is MembershipClientPro. Are you able to tell me honestly which program I'm likely to be happiest with? I'm interested in function, appearance, reliability, and ease of use (to the extent this is possible.)

4. I want to tell you that one of the reasons I'm seriously considering your program is because your forum is available. I read thru much of it to see what experiences your customers were having. MembershipClientPro doesn't allow access to their forum until you own their product, so I wasn't able to check them out.

Thank you for your assistance. God Bless!

Rick Knock
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Yes. It will work without a problem.

Yes. It allow different access levels for each protected folder.
  3. tabari3

tabari3 Guest

I've actually used Membership Client Pro.
    While it is a great membership management program, it lacks many of the features contained in Amember.

Two that are of particular importantance to me are:

1. There's no subscription renewal feature in MCP. Customers have to sign up for a new account each time. When they do, they cannot use their existing username/password.

2. Customers cannot change their profile info.
  4. pilot

pilot New Member

I too have used Membership client Pro, its a good program, but is written in perl and uses a flatfile database, and is encoded so you can not modify it. Amemberpro is a different league with functionality, with Far more plugins

You're in the right place! :D
  5. alex-adm

alex-adm Guest

There are even more benefits in aMember Pro:

1. More advanced protection methods
    2. A lot more payment plugins
    3. Integration with third-party software (like bulletin boards, etc.) is possible and several plugins available
    4. Really easy to use admin interface
    5. And a lot of small benefits .....