Amazon s3 question

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by rosiejons5, May 5, 2010.

1. rosiejons5

rosiejons5 New Member

Hello,

I want to setup a wordpress-based membership site. Due to server space limits, I have decided to host the download files (esp. the large ones) remotely on my amazon s3 account. I know amember integrates with wordpress but does it also integrate with amazon s3?

Thanks. :)

Rosie Jonesronald Cruzag
  2. grantswaim

grantswaim New Member

To serve up files from Amazon S3 to a WordPress site, I highly recommend the S3FlowShield plugin. I use it and love it. It not only serves up audio, video, and other files, it also protects access to the files. It is $97, but it is a great plugin.

Ironically, I covered this plugin at a recent presentation. You can see my notes about S3FlowShield at the end of this handout.
  3. erwinvdb

erwinvdb aMember Pro Customer

Very helpful. Thanks!!
  4. johntanedo

johntanedo New Member

So can I use amember with s3flowshield and amazon s3 then?
  5. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

You can, but files on S3 cannot be protected from unauthorized access. You can only protect links to these files with aMember - yes, it is easy. But if links will be shared - anyone can download the files.

Only the solution here is to use hard-to-guess links on S3 and change it often.
  6. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

Yes, what the plugin does with s3 is to lock up the "bucket" on s3 so that only your domain can access the content.

David