Am I missing something here - PayPal Pro?

Discussion in 'Payments processing' started by sybaris, Jan 17, 2018.

1. sybaris

sybaris Member

Hello
    I have a PayPal account that has Standards and also has Pro enabled on it.
    I can set up standard with no problem, however I am confused with the PayPal Pro plugin.
    The plugin ask for API username, passowrd and signature.
    I've followed the instructions and logged in to my account.
    I don't see the API username, password and signature for Pro, only Standard. Instead there is a certificate for Pro... which is not the same as the fields in the plugin.
    I spoke to PayPal and the guy pretty much told me that using the Standard credentials in the Pro plugin will not work.
    I'm sure I can't be the only person who has tried to set up pro.
    The reason I want to use Pro is because it doesn't set a limit for the buyer to use PayPals guest account.
    If PayPal Express Checkout doesn't limit the guest account I could use that but I suspect they want everyone to go Pro.
  2. sybaris

sybaris Member

anyone have any ideas?
  3. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

4. sybaris

sybaris Member

Hi Caesar, thanks.
    I will try it again.

I may switch to Stripe if this doesn't work for me.

One other question, I have PayPal Standard, Pro and Express for the same PayPal account.
    I notice that each of the plugins ask for a different IPN URL to be put in to my PayPal IPN setting.
    I can only put one in there. Does it matter if I use the same one for Pro and Express?
    The reason I ask is because I think I read that if you use PayPal Pro, you have to offer express to avoid extra charges from PayPal.

Thanks
  5. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

IPN url within your PayPal account does not mater for aMember. Just IPN feature should be enabled.
    aMember send correct IPN url in payment request.