All Payments Automatically Switched To Recurring

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by teachnology, Dec 31, 2011.

1. teachnology

teachnology New Member

I have not made any changes on any of my Amember installations. Still running 3.1x on all my sites.

On December 31 for all sites. My product payments have switched to "Recurring" status. I didn't want that. I want them to expire normally. They have been working like that for years.

When I look at the actual product, it tells me that it is NOT "recurring". I even tried to resaves the product settings and it still save every payment as recurring.

This happened on all sites across 3 different servers and networks.

Will these users receive an expired email at the end of their members?

How does the recurring work? I just want them to expire and receive an email telling them to renew.
  2. serge

serge aMember Pro Customer

same thing here today, what's the fix?
  3. wardeh

wardeh New Member

Same thing for me. I came here to see if anyone else is experiencing it.

Also, when I run a report, I cannot choose an end date past Dec 31, 2011.

I can (and do) usually choose the day after my preferred ending day on monthly reports because otherwise the total $ (for income report) is not accurate.
  4. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

What exactly paysystem do you use? What is your product settings?
    Where do you see the payment switched to recurring? Copy/paste, make screenshots.

Please provide full information to get quick help, specially on holidays.
  5. teachnology

teachnology New Member

It automatically fixed itself today. I had three orders all normal now. So I guess it fixed itself. Must have just been a date bug.

I'm using LinkPoint Payment processor.

The expiration dates on all the orders on 12/31/11 said "RECURRING" instead of the date, like normal.
  6. teachnology

teachnology New Member

To fix all of yesterday's records that had the "Recurring" status. I just drop their expiration by one day and now they are all in the correct format.
  7. wardeh

wardeh New Member

Today's payments (1-1-12) are coming in correctly.

The ones ending on "recurring" yesterday are still that way. I edited the payments and they still show ending as "recurring". However, in the payment edit screen the date is set for 12-31-2012. I'll attach screenshots.

My payment systems are both paypal and authorize.net and this issue affected both on 1-year subscriptions yesterday. (Monthly subscriptions, no issue.)

The reports are now giving me 2012 as an end date. I was hoping it would kick over and offer that! :)

Screen shot 2012-01-01 at 7.26.07 AM.png Screen shot 2012-01-01 at 7.21.28 AM.png
  8. teachnology

teachnology New Member

Yeah, Mine were 1-year subscriptions all too. Might have to do with how number of days in year comes into play.
  9. rapid

rapid New Member

All of my annual non recurring subscription order on 1/1/2012 has ending date as recurring 12/31/12, which should have been 12/31/2013. I think this issue has to do with 2012 being a Leap Year that has 366 days instead of 365 days.
  10. rapid

rapid New Member

I edit product.inc.php in function expire_date_add($tm1, $tm2, $koef) by adding Unix seconds if Leap Year.
    function expire_date_add($tm1, $tm2, $koef){
    // check if Leap Year
    if (date("L",$tm1))
    {
    $tm2= $tm2 + 86400; //86400 Unix seconds = 1 day
    }

This seems to work for my annual subscriptions roughly: It resolved RECURRING expire date for non recurring subscription. The side effect is it added extra day to expire date. , annual term subscription would show 1/1/2012-1/1/2013 instead of exact 1/1/2012-12/31/2012.

Alex, please verify logic.
  11. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

There is a simple solution. edit /amember/product.inc.php and change this:
    define('RECURRING_SQL_DATE', '2012-12-31');
    to
    define('RECURRING_SQL_DATE', '2036-12-31');
    for example.
  12. rapid

rapid New Member

Thank you. Why is this field hard code to this specific date?
  13. dschwa

dschwa Member

We would also like to know why this is hard-coded. We are experiencing the same problem and new subscriptions coming in today (1/2/2013) are still getting expiration date of 12/31/2012, with confused/irritated customers.
  14. dschwa

dschwa Member

15. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Hi everyone,
    First of all I want to apologize for this issue, and want to say thanks to skippybosco who developed instructions for the fix.
    This post have everything which is required to fix that issue: http://www.amember.com/forum/thread...subscriptions-expired.16032/page-4#post-61848
    If you have any problems implementing fix, please send ticket to helpdesk with "URGENT" in subject. I will cover this for you.