Alex, couple of questions

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by jaydub, Oct 30, 2004.

1. jaydub

jaydub Guest

Alex,

Hi. I was thinking of using aMember for my site. I have a couple of questions that I wanted to ask before I give the free trial a try.

I use Mambo as a sort of "store-front" - meaning that's where everyone comes to my website at first. But, the products I am going to sell, I would keep outside of the Mambo CMS. I am planning on simply having a "login" link that the user would click, and be directed 'out' of the mambo site, and to the amember login page, and then on to the products.

1. This being the case, I would not need to purchase and install the mambo plugin for amember, since amember wouldn't really be interacting with mambo at all. Correct?

2. The second thing I was wondering, is it possible for amember to "remember" the last webpage that the customer was at when he/she either logged off, or was kicked off-line from his/her previous login? I would like the customer to be directed to the last page he/she was on, from the previous log in session. (I will be selling online tutorials, and if the person has completed pages 1-5 of the tutorial, I would like to return them to page 5 where they left off from their last session. Is this something that aMember can do? Or, if not, is this something that you could write an additional script for, and do you know about how much that would cost?

Thanks, I look forward to your response.
    Josh
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

1. Yes, right.

2. Unfortunately, aMember cannot do that, and we are unable to take such customization work.