After Some Advice.

Discussion in 'Integration' started by delboysmedz, Jul 25, 2015.

1. midas456

midas456 delboy121

I am currently using amember with vbulletin 4.2 for payments. Once a customer creates an account on amember an account is automatically created on vbulletin as you already know, once they pay there account is switched on vbulletin to premium usergroup.

However im getting tired of vbulletin now and looking to swap over to wordpress.

My question is if i do swap over to wordpress then is it possible to transfer all my customers accounts and passwords across to wordpress with the wordpress plugin?

The reason i ask this is because i know with vbulletin when you transfer users accounts from vbulletin to amember you cant import there passwords as they are encrypted so i was wondering if that happens if i imported passwords and accounts from amember to wordpress?

Thanks in advance
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Yes sure this is possible without a problem.
    aMember uses the same encryption mechanism for passwords as wordpress.
    So you need to install/configure wordpress plugin then use aMember CP -> Rebuild Db -> Wordpress database in order to transfer active users from aMember to wordpress.
  3. midas456

midas456 delboy121

Ok so ive done everything and rebuild the database but the users arent appearing in my wordpress what could have gone wrong?