Affiliate Structure

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by mrlen76, Sep 6, 2013.

1. mrlen76

mrlen76 New Member

I need software that will allow me to:

Accept free members or paid members; so, there would need to be 2 affiliate groups (free and paid).

Free members get 25% commission.

Paid members get 50% commission.

Additionally, all affiliate commissions need to be "residual", ie: lifetime commissions.

example:

Let's say my service costs $10 per month. Someone (Billy) can join as a member for free, start promoting and make 25% commission. If Billy has referred 10 paying members, he will get $25 per month commission.

However, if Billy becomes a PAYING member (ie: subscribes and starts paying the $10 per month), he will then get 50% commission. ie: $50 instead of $25 per month; even for the 10 people he has already referred.

If billy stops paying the $10, he will only receive 25% commissions again. ie: He will be moved to the 25% commission group.

Will amember allow me to set up this structure?
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Yes, it is possible and easy to implement with aMember. If you request free installation and provide links to this topic, we will set it up for you.
  3. mrlen76

mrlen76 New Member

Really? wow - I have been looking for software that will do this all day yesterday and today!

I was starting to get really bothered (and sick and tired).. I can't find a software...

I haven't purchased amember yet, but if it will do what I am asking I will buy it right now.

I just want to clarify... so if Billy joins my website and refers Jane -- Jane pays me $10 every month and Billy will be allocated $5 per month as long as Jane keeps paying. Yeah? That's what I mean by residual commission.

Or, if Billy stops paying $10, he is changed back to 25% commission (instead of 50% commission) and he will only get $2.50 from Jane's monthly payment.

If you say:"Yep, amember can do that".. I will go buy it right now.

I can't wait to get it set up... I am sweating to get my idea running...

I already have WordPress set up (and a website half set up). I want to integrate it with WordPress.
  4. mrlen76

mrlen76 New Member

..and if Jane stops paying, Billy no longer gets anything.

Please say yes..

*waiting with eyes wide open -- staring at this thread for response*

*refresh*...

*waiting with eyes wide open -- staring at this thread for response*

*refresh*...

*refresh*...
  5. mrlen76

mrlen76 New Member

After three days (almost crying at the loss of time), I have become extremely frustrated. I have contacted (and liaised) about a dozen companies (90% of which don't have sales support that will respond within 2-3 days, if at all), trying to work out of their script will meet my requirements. Some of the companies give a quick: "yes it will do that", then (because I don't quite believe them; forgive me for being cynical) after days of painfully waiting for and sharing a couple more emails, it turns out that they didn't understand my original request and jumped the gun with saying "yes my software does that".

People seem to be scanning over my request, seeing that it says something or other about residual commissions, stop reading and conclude that I am merely asking for a script that will allow me to set up "subscriptions", and don't read carefully enough to discover that I am trying to give my affiliates residual commissions for their own referrals.

I have compiled THIS message and I am going to cut and paste it into every forum, support ticket and email response I have for every query that I have made, because after several days I feel like setting my hair on fire and punching myself in the face, or sticking tacks in my eyes and running out into heavy traffic. My anxiety level is about 99% due to frustration.

I understand that it's not the fault of any specific company or person. No one is out to get me. I know everyone is just trying to live their lives and no harm/confusion/frustration is intended. No one has done anything wrong to me. Everyone can only respond when they can respond, wit the information that they feel is necessary to provide. I appreciate that, and understand. But, nevertheless, I feel like destroying my laptop.. with my face.

Here is what I need. I will outline it in GREAT detail. Not because I am trying to be patronizing, or because I don't think you have anything better to do than take an afternoon off to read my request (which starts out with a 5 paragraph tantrum). But because I can't do this for another three days. I just can't. I'm going to damage something... I really am. My fingers are starting to tremble, and I am backspacing a lot.. I think it was from the respond that asked me to pay $25,000 for mlm coaching that comes with his software. I told him that I need to go and have a lie down.. (and I did.. it is now 8 hours later)... I am not joking.

What I need (with every detail clarified, to the best of my ability, to cover all bases):

I need a program that allows me to accept free member and paid membership sign up.

Free members get 25% commission.

Paid members get 50% commission.

I can change members from free to paid, depending on whether they are currently paying or not.

Members get their commission (25% or 50%) on a RESIDUAL BASIS, for each of their referrals.

If Billy refers 10 paying customers, he gets $50. He gets that every month. If all of those paying customers stay for 12 months, billy will have made $600.

If Billy refers 100 people, and they are all free members, and then 10 of them start paying, billy will then start to receive $50 per month.

--

So, as you can see above, I am trying to give my customers lifetime commissions. 25% if they are free members, 50% of they are paying members.

I need to be able to change their status from free to paid.

I need their commission amount to reflect their current membership status.

The KEY point here is that I want to offer my affiliate lifetime commissions for any referrals they make, and that system needs to keep up with who's paying and who's not paying and who gets 25% and who gets 50% and who stops getting paid because their referral has stopped paying and who starts getting paid because their referral starts getting paid.

..and if anyone responds: "Nah, you need to go and have a custom script made for that".. my laptop might not make it through the day. I don't/wont believe it. Surely a script exists. I just can't find it.

my email is mrlen76 at gmail dot com

Please contact me.

Please give me your skype if you are willing to chat with me for 5 minutes to convince me that your software will do as I am asking.

I don't want to go through the pain of setting up (or paying for) a software for days to find out that it doesn't do what I need.

One company wont give me a demo, they don't have a demo, all their have are some fuzzy screenshots on a slideshow, and they expect me to pay money. I see in their terms that setup fees are not refundable. Their software SOUNDS like it might be ok for me, but I am not willing to pay an nonrefundable fee for a demo (or waste the time doing all that). I don't know why they can't just set me up a demo and let me see if it does what I need. They are telling me it does what I need. Well if it does, set it up - let me see! I'll send money the moment I see that it does what you're telling me it does. Until I see proof, I'm not paying JACK! I'm obviously a serious company sweating to give SOMEONE some money.

Some of the companies have demos, and I can see that their software will allow me to make commission groups and stuff, but I can't ascertain whether those commissions are residual (and remember, I am talking for my customers, not for my me) or not.

Lastly, I just ask forgiveness f this message comes off as condescending. I'm not trying to hurt anyone's feelings. I just want to get to the end of my search. I'm done. I've had a gut full.

It's the only thing I can think to do if I don't want to lose another week. And I will lose another full week of my life if the last 3 days are anything to go by.
  6. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Hello,
    I am sorry for any frustration caused by delay with response. However, there is a message in the top of this forum:
    We are working hard to deliver responses via helpdesk without delays. We do not watch this forum often, and do no guarantee responses here. It is primarily for community discussions.

Regarding your question: yes, it is possible to setup with aMember as you want and we will do that for you.