Affiliate setup problem/questions

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by digitalsalg, Apr 10, 2013.

1. digitalsalg

digitalsalg New Member

Hello,

I want to setup an affiliate system but i ran into some setup problems. Basically there are 2 setups possible,

1: using the amember affiliate system
    2: using my billing company affiliate system

I both have problems setting up / question about these setups:

Affiliate from my billing companies
    This would be the easiest way as they will handle the cashouts to my affiliates and i dont have to do anything at all.

But how do i send the affiliate id via amember to my billing company? In this case i use hipay and ccbill which both have affiliate systems.

So for example affiliate 777 sends a customer who pays with ccbill via amember, then 777 needs to be send to ccbill so ccbill knows it is a sale from an affiliate. Is this possible?

Amember affiliate system

1. will payments be done automatically by amember software if i choose for paypal, moneybookers as a cashout method for my affiliates?
    If yes this would be a bit frustrating as i have to check everytime if the balance is filled with enough money and i have to transfer money which i receive from my billing to paypal or moneybookers which always causes a delay and extra administration for me.

2. can i add bank payment as an option to pay my affiliates

3. i can only set one redirect url for the affiliate, but i have multiple products so i want to be able to select multiple redirects. affiliate from site a needs to be redirected to product a, and affiliate from site b needs to be redirected to product b, but this seems impossible?

So it would be nice to setup something like:

http://amemberurl.com?redirect=a (a= url 1)
    http://amemberurl.com?redirect=b (b= url 2)

4. when an affiliate signs up he can see all products on the add/renew page, but he is only allowed to see the product where he is an affiliate whith, the rest must for privacy/competition/legal reasons be hidden, bit this seems to be impossible?

cheers

Robin
  2. digitalsalg

digitalsalg New Member

It would be really great if you would be able to add a simple ref= behind the signup url like this:

http://www.url.com/amember/signup?ref=xxx

And that amember then automatically add it into the payment url of the billing you use.
  3. borise

borise Member

Hey Robin,

to answer your question, based on my own experiences:

1. No, you need to generate payout manually (Affiliates > Review/Pay Affiliate Commission > Generate Payout Manually). You will see a list of affiliates who are eligible to receive a payment, along with the amount you need to pay them. Based on the list, you need to process the payments manually.

2. As far as I know, current options are PayPal, Moneybookers and offline check. You can use offline check to gather bank payment information, but you would maybe need to rename certain fields.

3. Amember allows for different landing pages. Sure, the general affiliate link will forward users to the general page. Try creating a new link in admin (Affiliates > Manage Banners and Text Links > Text Links > New Record). You can specify the URL where the visitors will end up, so anything is possible!

4. I really don't understand question four. You want the affiliates to promote just one product (A) and be able to see only that product (A) on the Add New/Renew Subscription page?

Hope this helps!
  4. digitalsalg

digitalsalg New Member

Hi,

Many thanks for all answers, that really helped me understand it all a bit more!

About question 4
    Well lets say i have 2 products, adult site a and football site b. If an affiliate signs up to promote the football site i dont want him to see my adult products in his admin area as this is bad for business.

When an affiliate logs in now he can see a list of all my products on the add/renew page. I do not want my affiliates to see the rest of the products i have in amember. I can hide products there but then customers will not see it either.

To make it more simple: i basically want my affiliate to only have access to his stats and nothing more as he is no customer. Or to show him only all info of that product on the add/renew page.

Hope you understand
  5. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

This can be done as simple customization. You can remove add renew tab from member's area if user is an affiliate.
    http://www.amember.com/docs/How_to_customize_user_tabs_in_member's_area

Here is exact example:
    PHP:
    Am_Di::getInstance()->hook->add(Am_Event::USER_MENU'myRemoveMenuItem');

function 
    myRemoveMenuItem(Am_Event $event)
    {

$menu $event->getMenu();

$user Am_Di::getInstance()->auth->getUser();
        if(
    $user->is_affiliate)

$menu->removePage($menu->findOneBy('id''add-renew'));

}

6. digitalsalg

digitalsalg New Member

Oh wow many thanks for the fast respons, will test it out right away!

Again much appreciated.
  7. digitalsalg

digitalsalg New Member

Hi Thanks, it worked perfectly!

I also changed the check to bank wire in the cashout options.

Again thanks for your help!
  8. bikinwebsitemudah

bikinwebsitemudah New Member

How to rename certain fields
  9. herahadi

herahadi New Member

i need to do this too. anyone know how to rename or change offline payment field? because i need to gather user bank information