Affiliate reporting - no results?

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by jogato, Dec 17, 2008.

1. jogato

jogato New Member

I am currently testing the trial version of amember and am very happy with the product so far. We inherited a project with a deadline in a bit over 2 weeks, this software could be the reason we successfully launch in time, so thanks in advance if this all works out!

I am having a problem with affiliate payout reporting. We are charging for access to our site, 1 flat fee, and need to see how many members each affiliate signed up for each period (weekly, monthly, whatever).

What is working fine:
    1. paypal recurring payments. currently set to 1 day for testing, we have several reports of payments coming back in from the paypal sandbox, and accounts are reporting status correctly (active, expired, etc).
    2. affiliate click reporting. 'Affiliate Program > 'Affiliate Clicks/Sales Statistics' > 'Affiliate Clicks' shows 'time, affiliate name, ip, referrer' perfectly

Might not be working:
    3. affiliate stats. 'Affiliate Program > 'Affiliate Clicks/Sales Statistics' > 'Affiliate stats' shows clicks, and a number under transactions. (no credit, but debit and total under commisions).

What is not working:
    4. 'Affiliate program' > 'Review/Pay Affiliate Commision'. Every option I choose here returns "No records found by your request".

If I go to the member control panel and look at account details, I can see which affiliate the user signed up under, so it looks like it is recording the affiliate, I just don't have any (obvious) way of getting the report (I could just be missing where?).

To sum it up, it looks like my affiliate program IS working, I just am not able to generate a report to find out how many members each affiliate signed up for each time period so we can pay out. I am looking for a report because I haven't dug into automatic (monthly?) payout via paypal, but have no problem doing this manually if need be, as long as I can access this data.

I can provide more info If needed, I will be checking this thread often since is is the last piece in our 'backend'. Thanks in advance!

FYI, I being a new user, I could only post in pre-sales (is this correct?), I'm getting an error trying to post in troubleshooting. Sorry for any confusion.
  2. jogato

jogato New Member

extra info

I just logged in as my affiliate test user. In the member affiliate page, I get blank columns under "Commisions"

COMMISSIONS
    Raw Unique Transactions Credit Debit Total
    10 2

If I go to (as admin, under members) my test user who signed up using that affiliate link, I can see that it was signed up through that affiliate (shows the affiliate name). It looks the behavior is the same both in the admin backend and the individual user backend as far as commission reporting goes.
  3. jogato

jogato New Member

Resolved

I was able to resolve this strange issue by reinstalling the demo. I now have recurring membership payments through paypal with affiliate clicks and commissions reporting properly for both the admin and users.