Adult Content

Discussion in 'Payments processing' started by PJ, Jul 9, 2003.

1. PJ

PJ Guest

May I know which credit card payment processor which works with aMember allows adult content? I know ccbill allows adult content but it's not supported by aMember. As far as I know Paypal, 2checkout, paysystems and clickbank does not allow adult content.
  2. alex-adm

alex-adm Guest

Currently, aMember Pro does support following "adult" processors:

* AcPay
    * GloBill
    * MutliCards (not-recurring billing only)
  3. Guest_Scott

Guest_Scott Guest

Did this list change? On another thread you mention that you do support AC Pay with recurring billing.

Also, what about Jettis?

Thanks
  4. mh718

mh718 New Member

As far as I understand, PayPal does not limit adult content. Check their "acceptable use" policy for more info.

Also, ACPay has changed their name to EGSPay. Alex, can you post the mods necessary for the ACPay files to work properly? The security certificate is no longer working at https://www.acpay.com It is now https://www.egspay.com

I changed some of the references in the acpay.inc.php file, but it would be easier to get a clean file if possible since I'm not sure if it will have ill effects on other aspects of the script. (I only changed the urls so there's no error.)

Thanks! You are the best.
  5. PJ

PJ Guest

Look under paypal's terms on "Mature Audiences" they no longer allow adult sites.

See http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p...tside&ed=mature
  6. PJ

PJ Guest

Globill has stopped processing (close down?).
    Multicards doesn't accept adult sites (not any more?)
    ACPay has been bought by EGPay (will the acpay plugin still work?)

:(

The world seems very bleak for adult sites...
  7. alex-adm

alex-adm Guest

I believe AcPay plugin should work. They are no fools to change interface ;)

As I heard GloBill still work. May be I'm wrong.

With their old rates? What a joke ;) I would see for such client who will use them.
  8. PJ

PJ Guest

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Bad news. ACPay / EGS Pay is also now out of the business.
    How about a plugin for one of these: proBilling, Ibill, PSW Billing Solutions, Verotel, Inc.
    All process for adult sites (at least that's what the YNotmasters.com site says.
  10. neo

neo Guest

11. alex-adm

alex-adm Guest

proBilling is already supported.

About other processors - could you ask them for integration docs. I already asked all them, but seems they don't want to talk
    with developers. ;) May be they respect site owners...
  12. Guest_Scott

Guest_Scott Guest

Probilling is the only processor on your list left that accepts adult. And they are on shakey ground because of the same reasons Globill and AC Pay got shut down.

So the big question is, will you add some of the top processors left? Namely CCBill, Jettis, or Epoch?

Thanks
  13. alex-adm

alex-adm Guest

Here is my answer:

My thought is that they has too much money to think about things like integration interface for third-party scripts. ;))
  14. randypan

randypan Guest

Probilling is no longer accepting and closing the accounts of "High Risk" merchants. We are now attempting to go with http://yowcow.com/index1.htm. I am in the process of requesting their Docs.
  15. ats

ats New Member

Pswbilling is out of business as well.

They have a TON of peoples money without dispersing it.

ccbill, ibill, and verotel are your best bet...

I would think that alex could possibly make one of these work, I could be wrong though, alex would be the man to answer that..
  16. alex-adm

alex-adm Guest

We are looking again how to integrate with these providers.
    Unfortunately, no good news yet.
    One thing I know is possible - it is possible to make not-recurring integration with iBill using PIN-coding feature. But I'm not sure if anybody may need not-recurring iBill processing. What do you think guys?
  17. prax

prax Guest

Greeting everyone,

I have operated an adult site for allmost 2 years now and have been using iBill. Love them except for there fees. 15.99% plus they hold another 10% in reserve for 6 months.

I recently opened a merchant account for my hosting website and then stumbled across amember to run the subscriptions. iBill has a perlscript that runs password management so not using them i needed amember.
    So after much work and still testing i hope to be using amember and my merchant account and not ibill any longer and then will have an extra $10,000 in my pocket instead of iBill.
  18. rostros

rostros Guest

check www.allresell.com (beaverpay) , this is a special payment system for adult sites only, uses the stormpay system but has been speically desiged for adult webmasters , alex has even programmed the ipn scripts and everything is working great.

www.allresell.com

regards
  19. JackHandy

JackHandy New Member

I have been using CardService International's Linkpoint with no problems, but you must get approved for a merchant account. They charge normal rates of 2.59% with NO reserve.
  20. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

I cannot believe - is it rates for adult website?