Admin E-mails Getting Marked As SPAM

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by cpaprotna, Sep 10, 2014.

1. cpaprotna

cpaprotna Member

All of the e-mails that are sent to our administrator from amember admin (payment notification, new member notification, etc), are being marked as SPAM by my mail server. The domain is white listed, and the only thing I can see that could be causing the problem is that the header of the e-mail contains HELO_LOCALHOST. This causes 4.5 points to be added to the SPAM score. How can we get aMember's SMTP mail sending to not use localhost, but to use the actual mail server in the header. In admin under Configuration - Setup/Configuration - E-mail, I have the hostname set up correctly. If I send a test e-mail, it goes through with no issues with SPAM. Any ideas on how to remedy this?

What I'm noticing is that in the Zend smtp.php file, it sets the helo to $this->_name; which appears to be set to localhost by default. Shouldn't it be set to $this->host?

Below is the SPAM information from my mail server.
    0.0 MISSING_MID Missing Message-Id: header
    4.5 HELO_LOCALHOST HELO_LOCALHOST
    2.2 HTML_IMAGE_ONLY_12 BODY: HTML: images with 800-1200 bytes of words
    0.0 HTML_MESSAGE BODY: HTML included in message
    1.7 MIME_HTML_ONLY BODY: Message only has text/html MIME parts
    1.1 HTML_MIME_NO_HTML_TAG HTML-only message, but there is no HTML tag
    1.1 HTML_SHORT_LINK_IMG_1 HTML is very short with a linked image
    0.1 RDNS_NONE Delivered to trusted network by a host with no rDNS

-0.3 AWL AWL: From: address is in the auto white-list
  2. cpaprotna

cpaprotna Member

I'm still trying to figure this out. I can successfully send a test e-mail, but when any of the automated e-mails are sent, they get marked as SPAM. I know it has to do with the HELO_LOCALHOST setting, but I do not know what would need to change to fix this issue.

Anyone?