Adjust template widht default

Discussion in 'Templates customization' started by jpmcafee, Jan 19, 2012.

1. jpmcafee

jpmcafee New Member

Hello,
    I am tying to figure out how to adjust the template widht from 800px to 1200px I found the layout and adjsuted it but there appears to be a second section before it right befor the header that i cant figure out how to adjust to make the whole template even. These are the two css. I think are controlling it. Any advice?

.am-layout {

background: url("../img/layout-bg.png") repeat-y scroll center top #EDEDED;
    margin-bottom: -30px;
    min-height: 100%;

.am-main {

display: inline-block;
    padding-left: 20px;
    padding-right: 20px;
    text-align: left;
    width: 800px;
    }
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Can you attach screenshot? Or better link to your installation with modification?
  3. jpmcafee

jpmcafee New Member

Thanks here is a screen shot. of the effected area. If I stretch the .am layout to 1200px the below section stays at 800px I cant find it in firefox with the inspect element so Iam not sure what is controlling it.

Attached Files:

4. richesinresources

richesinresources New Member

I have the same issue. Anyone know what I can do to fix this? See attached example. I even made the layout-bg.png the same width. Something else is controling this?

Attached Files:

5. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

You seem to have simply tried to change the aMember css to produce the larger screen display size.

I have attached screen shot of my own members page and presume you are trying to achieve similar effect. If so I simply made a custom theme using main wrapper set to width of 100% ( this makes display automatically scalable for various display configurations) and included my own header and footer files.

aMember sections then get added relating to which area user is accessing.

If you look here http://www.amember.com/docs/Themes_and_Templates there is a full explanation of themes.

Attached Files:

6. richesinresources

I get the same issues. No matter if I use custom form or not. I can use 100% and still get the prolem with bottom of page. You can see it here... http://www.richesinresources.com/amember/signup

The image layout-bg.png is same size (1024) as page width. Sometime is keep that page that size.
  7. richesinresources

Got it figured out... Make the "layout-bg.png" image 42 pixels wider than width of main screen. So if you set your (.am-main) width to 1024, you need to set your images to 1066. Worked for me.