Adding protected urls to Access Log?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by baduist, May 20, 2012.

1. baduist

baduist Member

I'd like to see when my users log into different protected areas I have in my site, is it possible to see that through the access log?
  2. baduist

baduist Member

Update: Some of the users have "no records" in the access log, these are users I know have been logged in at least once and visited more than one page.

How are login attempts logged? Is it cookie/JS based? Could it be that it didn't log these users activity because of their browser, or is it an amember logging problem?
  3. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

amember log only actuall login attempts (if you use new-rewrite protection)
    If logged in user try to access any content within protected area this access will not be logged.
  4. baduist

baduist Member

Thanks. What does it mean when users have no records? Did they not log in at all?

I have a higher rate of cancellations since I moved from s2member to amember, and I'm trying to figure out why. I suspect the UI might be more confusing, and I'm afraid people can't reach my content and just give up.

Most of those who cancel their memberships have no records under the access log tab.
  5. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Yes this means that user didn not log in .
  6. baduist

baduist Member

So I'd say about 80% of my users never logged in before canceling their membership ever since I moved to aMember. (was using s2member before and had 90% of my user stick to their membership... and all of them logged in).

So seems like there's something wrong here. Any ideas what and how to start figuring this out?