Adding coupon process after the fact

Discussion in 'Customization & add-ons' started by vsoftwaretools, Jan 28, 2010.

1. vsoftwaretools

vsoftwaretools aMember Pro Customer

Is there a way to add a coupon to a customer payment of a current subscriber? We have a few subscribers that were beta testers in our software subscription that I would like to reward. I thought I would give them $5.00 off for a few month and thought I could just add a coupon to their current subscription. I don't see a way of doing that.

Thank you,

Don
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

3. skippybosco

skippybosco CGI-Central Partner Staff Member

David / Larry, Do you know if that "Coupon Plugin" can be enabled on a product by product basis ie. only when they purchase product 'b' do they get the coupon.
  4. erwinvdb

erwinvdb aMember Pro Customer

Yes, it can do that.
  5. vsoftwaretools

Another question. Looks like the Larry's coupon Plugin allows you to give a coupon to an existing member. What I am looking for, and this may still do it, is the ability in the admin control panal to add a coupon to a current subscription. Either edit the payment and add coupon or add a payment with the coupon already applied. I don't want the user to need to log in to apply the coupon, I want to manage it myself. Does the Larry's coupon manager allow that?

Thank you,

Don
  6. erwinvdb

erwinvdb aMember Pro Customer

I'm not sure if coupons can be applied after the signup has taken place.
    But I do think you can edit the amount of a pending payment.
  7. jenolan

jenolan aMember Coder

Auto -apply coupons are on my list, at the moment though I have no real internet and only just finished fising my computers after yet another lightning strike.

Larry
  8. vsoftwaretools

Thank you for the reply Larry. Looking forward to a feature like this and good luck with your computers.