Add a Coupon Code Field To Shopping Cart

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by len_nels1, Nov 12, 2013.

1. len_nels1

len_nels1 aMember Pro Customer

I want to use the shopping cart and have a coupon code field available.

When the user clicks on Add to Basket or Quick Checkout there are two different forms generated. Is there a way to edit either / both of these forms to add a coupon code.

I don't see a shopping cart template payment form.

The user can click on edit cart and then enter a coupon code but this is an extra step and makes the checkout process 1980's clunky.

Thanks.
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

I've implemented this in amember core. Coupon code field will be available in checkout.
    This functionality will be included in next versions release.
  3. crystalmedia

crystalmedia Member

I agree. This needs to be added asap. I spent the last 2 days adjusting the look of my cart page and never noticed the coupon field wasn't readily available!! Thanks for pointing that out.

@ len_nels1,
    Though not perfect, here is a slight work around if you're interested.
    navigate to /application/cart/views/blocks/ and download the basket.phtml file

Add the area in red:
    <div class="am-basket-preview-actions">

<a href="<?php $this->pUrl(null, 'view-basket') ?>"><?php __e('Add Coupon')?></a>
    |
    <a href="<?php $this->pUrl(null, 'view-basket') ?>"><?php __e('View Basket')?></a>
    |
    <a href="<?php $this->pUrl(null, 'checkout') ?>"><?php __e('Checkout')?></a>

It uses the same link as the view basket (again not perfect, just a temporary suggestion ) but at least it will be on the shopping cart page which will hopefully help some.

Regards,
    Jon
  4. crystalmedia

crystalmedia Member

Also noticed the error message below doesn't show on the shopping cart page either
    The coupon entered is not valid with any product(s) being purchased. No discount will be applied
  5. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Contact us in helpdesk if you need fix before release.
  6. youjoomla

youjoomla Member

7. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

Yes, in case of cart coupon is available only on basket/checkout pages. Registration form has only user related fields in this case.