A-z (how To Protect Files And Folder)

Discussion in 'Setting-up protection' started by ForeverUAE, Jun 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ForeverUAE

ForeverUAE Guest

ok i have search the forum for a clean and easy way to protect files and folder, but didn't find. What i need is a 100% protection ( images & scripts ...).

but before trying to answer, plz consider that members and guests with a 0% protection background knowladge will be reading this.

so let's just make this clear and easy to understand guys ;)

thanx in advance for the support.
  2. alex-adm

alex-adm Guest

3. ForeverUAE

ForeverUAE Guest

ok lets say that:
    1- i have the program installed in here:
    http://www.site.com/amember

and i have a silver membership set, if you sign up to it you will gain an access to :
    http://www.site.com/service ( it is on the same root )

the silvermembership product id is # 1
    now i would like to protect the service folder, and make it only accessable to whoever signed up and paid for the silver membership, how to do that?

also when a non-signed up nor paid members try to access it, he/she should see the log in page ( that i can customize it to include prices on several memberships and its penifits), also how to do that?

also, can i protect any folder, page, script, image, ...anything? how to do it if its different from the previous case?

2- also i would like to have a free membership that gives a member who singup for it a 3 day trail , but i would like this trail to completly stop after 3 days ( can't renew it ) for that member, so he/she have a choice to upgrade to a paid membership, how to do that?

3- i use paypal for now, can a member gain access to the membership after paying directly, or do i have to validate the account from the admin CP?
  4. alex-adm

alex-adm Guest

1. You have to put .htaccess file to folder /service

Code:
    AuthType Basic
    AuthName "Members Only"
    AuthUserFile /HOME/USER/amember/.htpasswd
    AuthGroupFile /HOME/USER/amember/.htgroup
    Require group PRODUCT_1
    ErrorDocument 401 /401.html ### create this file and put necessary content for unauthorzied

sure, replace /HOME/USER to actual path. You may see example in aMember CP => Setup => htpasswd

To use HTML login forms, just publish login URL as http://yoursite.com/amember/login.php

Also set Product URL (aMember CP => Edit Products) for product #1 to /service/

2. It is impossible to detect if user signup again for free trial. He can get another free email account and continue use your service. So, it is not recommended to offer 100% free trials.

3. You have to configure your PayPal account to accept payments without confirmation. Then yes, it will be instant.
  5. ForeverUAE

ForeverUAE Guest

no i mean the same user with the same email, would he/she be able to renew the free trail membership after it ended? if yes, how to stop a member with the same email and user name from renewing it.

coz i would like to give members under the account they signed up with a free trail membership only once.

thanx for your ansewrs so far mate :)

BTW: i didn't know it is that easy to customize the look, i have one of my favorite themes installed with it.

what a great product ;)
  6. alex-adm

alex-adm Guest

Yes, it is easy.

Edit your trial product and set "Scope" to "Signup Only"

Go to aMember CP => Setup
    and set "require unique email"
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.