A few quick queries before purchasing

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by projectego, Sep 28, 2010.

1. projectego

projectego New Member

Hello,

I'm currently in the process of reviewing a number of WordPress-compatible e-commerce solutions. I have a few brief questions that, depending on the answers, will help influence my decision as to whether or not to use aMember to power my online store.

1. I understand that support and updates lasts for six months before I must renew, however, I cannot find any mention of how much the renewal fee would be? I assume it would not be another $180-$200 to renew a license, would it?

2. With the aMember Pro trial, the software is encrypted - is the full professional version encrypted, also? If so, how would one go about styling an aMember installation? I realise the style.css file is not encrypted, but only having access to the style file alone means that my styling options are very limited.

3. During my search for a coupon code, a member of staff mentioned that coupon codes are only available to "premium members" or something along those lines. Would that be the reason why a coupon code I happened upon earlier does not seem to work? The code was ****** by the way.

I realise there are more than "a few" questions listed above - I got carried away.

Anyhoo, I thank you for reading and I look forward to hopefully having my questions answers and doing business soon. Cheers.

Regards,
    Steve
  2. skippybosco

skippybosco CGI-Central Partner Staff Member

@projectego

1) Just checked, looks like $80 / 12 months renewal

2) With the exception of the licensing code logic, the entire pro version is unencrypted. That being said, most (if not all) of customizations/styling you will do will reside in either .css and template files (amember/templates)

3) I have no idea
  3. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

3. Coupon is valid and should work. Contact me in helpdesk if it does not work.
  4. projectego

projectego New Member

Hello,

I have just purchased the script. :)

I have two quick questions:

1. Does the new exploit which affects 3.1 also affect the 3.2 beta?

2. How would I go about having the sort of level of integration with WordPress that this website has? I'd love for aMember to use my WordPress header and footer.

Also: the link in the 3.2 beta changelog which is supposed to point to a thread explaining how to better integrate WordPress and aMember is broken. Any chance you guys could link me up please?

Regards,
    Steve
  5. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

3.2 fixed that exploit.

You need to customize your header/footer templates in amember.

David