2nd year of membership

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by edgewood, Apr 11, 2012.

1. edgewood

edgewood New Member

I used amember last year to set up a swimming pool membership and it worked fantastic! I am now working on year 2, but am not sure how to proceed. I basically want to offer the same membership options as last year.

Perhaps the simplest option is to delete all member and start from scratch, but I am hoping that there is a better option.

Here are some issues:

- Should I create new products (eg, 2012 membership) or have people just sign up for last year's membership?

- I tried to retroactively set last year's membership to 6 months so that everyone's membership would expire, but that does not work and everyone is still active.

- Should I set up a website with new options - one for new members and one for old members?

Basically, any suggestions on strategy would be greatly appreciated!
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

If you want to disable access for old users, just create new product for current year and reprotect content so users of old product will not have an access.
  3. edgewood

edgewood New Member

Thanks for the quick reply, but I'm not worried about access - the only thing members use this site for is to sign up and pay for a membership. I'm just trying to figure out the best strategy for managing the database. For example, I was able to keep a careful count on the number of members last year, because every time someone new registered, the system created a new member. One thought I had was to try to see if I can change everyone's status to to non-active and then a new membership would make them active (or something like that). Otherwise, it seams like it would be easier to simply delete all current members and start from scratch.
  4. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Ok. if you don;t need previous year statistics, you can delete your old product. That will delete user's payments as well, so all users become pending.